Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What I want for Christmas

Options
  • 14-12-2007 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

looking at the fixtures, we could be in the bottom 3 again come Sunday. And then we have Arse next week - what a Christmas! How did we ever get here with this team, it is just stupid that we are in this position. For Christmas I want Camolli balls on a plater!!:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 steve_thfc

Sad state of affairs alright :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Blue 84

Ledley King back to full fitness (or as close as he can get) would be my ideal present at this stage. Regardless, I see the xmas period as being a bit of a mixed bag, I see us losing our upcoming away games but we should take care of both Reading and Fulham at home.

But of course we should have taken care of Birmingham at home as well come to think of it.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

of course, if we get 12 out of 12, im sure we'll all be happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

John W wrote: »
    looking at the fixtures, we could be in the bottom 3 again come Sunday. And then we have Arse next week - what a Christmas! How did we ever get here with this team, it is just stupid that we are in this position. For Christmas I want Camolli balls on a plater!!:mad:
    The phrase "eat your own words" comes to mind!:eek:
    Lets hope this is a team progressing and not a fluke!
    Man City at home and now Portsmouth AWAY, definitely our best results of the season - I just could not see this coming with Bale and Keane out, just goes to show you in football you never know - I draw against the Scum and my Christmas is complete!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

To be honest, im not expecting anything next sat. I think its much more important that we take 6 points from the 2 home games Christmas week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

We havent beaten Arse since 1999 and its starting become like the Chelsea jinx.

'All I want for Christmas' is a win against them. Sadly I cant see it happening this time but we live in hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

RichMc70 wrote: »
    We havent beaten Arse since 1999 and its starting become like the Chelsea jinx.

'All I want for Christmas' is a win against them. Sadly I cant see it happening this time but we live in hope.

Did ANYONE really see us beating Pompy?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

My gut feeling was that we'd nick a draw a against pompey.

Recent history has made me very pessimistic when the Arse game is coming up. The previous two seasons we have played much better and still failed. This season Arse are playing out of their skins and getting all the lucky breaks too. I hope Im wrong though.

I would be suprised if Ramos goes with a negative (defensive) approach. tbh the best chance we have is to keep attacking them.

Advertisement