Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP with GD2 on Windows Vista ?

Options
  • 14-12-2007 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

I've just installed Apache & PHP on Windows Vista and all went OK

HOWEVER, the calls to ImageCreateFromJPEG and other GD2 functions aren't working.

I've added the PHP directory to the path; edited the php.ini file and (based on a post I found on the net) made a copy of php.ini in the Windows directory, but GD2 still seems to fail as there's no mention of it in the phpinfo() output.

Any suggestions, or has anyone come across this before ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

you do have
    ;extension=php_gd2.dll

changed to
    extension=php_gd2.dll

also this file does exist in your extensions directory ? php_gd2.dll

I'm not able to test it myself ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

forbairt wrote: »
    you do have

changed to

also this file does exist in your extensions directory ? php_gd2.dll

I'm not able to test it myself ...

Yup, the php.ini is edited and the extension file does exist :(

and you restarted it all after you made the changes to the ini file ?

(sorry for basic questions just ruling out the obvious first)

OK - I've finally sorted it.....

Enabling the php_gd2.dll and php_exif.dll was causing a "duplicate definition" error, but removing them meant that it didn't work.

BUT

If you enable "extension=php_mbstring.dll" BEFORE enabling extension=php_gd2.dll & php_exif.dll, there's no "duplicate definition" and it'll work fine!!!

Hope this is of some use to someone else going forward......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

edit... never mind

• Advertisement

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    If you enable "extension=php_mbstring.dll" BEFORE enabling extension=php_gd2.dll & php_exif.dll, there's no "duplicate definition" and it'll work fine!!!

That was actually one of the first things I'd come across when I was looking into it again .. a bit of trial and error involved I guess ?

A LOT of trial and error.......not only that, but I'd even downloaded the .msi installer and even IT got it wrong! :mad:

Ah well, it's working now, and the info might be of use to someone else.....

Advertisement