Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X-Box newbie Question

• 14-12-2007 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hopefully an experienced X-Box user can help me here.

I own a PS2 and have realised that all the latest, best games are being made for the X-Box, so.... I want an X-Box!

But, I didnlt realise that there are three types of X-Box.
    1 Arcade
    2 Pro
    3 Elite

All I want to do is play COD4: modern warfare, all the medal of honours, Kane and Lynch etc.

Do I really need a Pro? I can't see myself using all the on-line stuff, I realy just want to play games.

Can anybody offer me their views? Would I be mad to just buy the Arcade?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

if you have a HD TV with HDMI ... the elite .. if you dont then get the pro

actually just get the Elite , looks nice and all the new 360's have HDMI ports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭sir snackbox

but the €100 price diff between pro and elite is pointless if you wont use the 120gb hard drive!!

id recommend the pro... as it has HDMI and the option of online is there if you need it!!... if you wont be going online the huge hard drive on the elite is pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

If you just buy the Arcade version you will not get a Harddrive. This is important for two reasons. One for saving games and two to be able to play games online.

I know that you will get a 256MB card with the Arcade package for saving games but that isn't really a lot of space to be honest. Also while you may not wish to play games online now you may want that option in the future. It is better value to buy a package with the harddrive included as it is hugely expensive to buy separately.

For what you say you will be doing, I don't think you need to splash the extra cash on the Elite version though. My recommendation is to go for the Pro.

but if you have the cash the Elite is mighty pretty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Unless you want to splash out and have the money for the Elite, go for the Pro. Steer clear of the Arcade, its a pointless watered-down version stripped of a lot of functionality so that MS could release a cheaper console to compete against the Wii.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭sir snackbox

coady wrote: »
    but if you have the cash the Elite is mighty pretty

but €100 in your pocket and pretty much the exact same console under you arm is a lot prettier to me ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

Thank you for all your measured responses.

I think on balance I would be better off getting the Pro. Hopefuly if they continue making good games I will have it for many years to come

Thank you all and here's to a good gaming Christmas break!

Advertisement