Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gay Byrne

Options
  • 14-12-2007 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Simple question.

Has Gaybo ever sat the driving test ?

I'd imagine that at his age he prob didn't.

Quite hypocritical to have him as spokesperson for the RSA if he hasn't taken it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I believe he had to when U2 gave him that Motorcycle .. he only had B and had to get A

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

craichoe wrote: »
    I believe he had to when U2 gave him that Motorcycle .. he only had B and had to get A

it would be interesting to see him do it again, live and and in the public eye

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Don't think his ability to pass the test has anything to do with anything. At the end of the day he's a very high profile member of the RTE clique and of course RTE would not be brave enough to use somebody who might have some influence. Gay Byrne has gone down in so many peoples opinions recently cos of his RSA contribution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Simple question.

Yeh .. that was the thread question though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Niall1234 wrote: »
    Simple question.

I'd imagine that at his age he prob didn't.

Quite hypocritical to have him as spokesperson for the RSA if he hasn't taken it.

To answer your question, no, he didn't sit the car driving test, but he did pass the bike test.

He got his B licence legally at the time it was first issued -there was no test for him to pass at the time. I don't think that's hypocritical. Ironic maybe.

It would be hypocritical if he had 10 points on his licence or had killed someone in a road traffic accident or something like that. But that's not the case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement