Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Eve in internet cafes?

Options
  • 14-12-2007 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Anyone know of one around grafton street/stephans green that would have eve installed or even allow laptop usage? The old internet connection at home is deaded and skills need to be set.... plus it would be something to do during lunch times :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

Anyone know of one around grafton street/stephans green that would have eve installed or even allow laptop usage? The old internet connection at home is deaded and skills need to be set.... plus it would be something to do during lunch times :)

You could buy a decent sized USB memory stick, I'd recommend 4GB and you could run the EvE client off that. It works perfectly acceptable using EvE classic.

All you would have to do is copy your main eve client folder onto the drive and create a shortcut and your good to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Slire Cicien

Yeah? Didn't realise that. Would it be acceptable in most internet cafes? Don't want the staff spazing out just because I'm running something from a USB key :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

theres a new gaming centre on grafton street where the old cybernet or cyberwhatever was over burger king

all dell xps systems and comfy chairs. although the manager is a wow head and doesnt like eve he has no problem installing it on the systems for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I used 5Star on Talbot street. Great connection and pcs. Since I started playing eve there other people got curious and started giving it a go. Now there are about 6 regular evers there (not me anymore though) You usually find the upstairs in the vip room as those pcs run the "premium" eve. The have an image stored on the pcs. So as soon as you log in you can play but your settings won't keep. Anytime there is a patch we just mention it to the staff and they update the image on the servers.

(Apparently at the height of my time spent there I was their 2nd best customer. :o I got to know everyone there so much that Chen, the tech guy let me in to update the server image by myself. In fact one time they had a virus attack and luckily I had the most recent server image backed up on my portable hard drive)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

D wrote: »

(Apparently at the height of my time spent there I was their 2nd best customer. :o I got to know everyone there so much that Chen, the tech guy let me in to update the server image by myself. In fact one time they had a virus attack and luckily I had the most recent server image backed up on my portable hard drive)

Hero! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Theres always nethouse in rathmines, couple of regular eve'rs, premium is installed installed on a couple of machines in the front of the cafe(better pc's) but ild have no problem installing it on the rest if more people showed interest in it

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

How can you afford to play a mmo.. in an internet cafe???

Be freakin cheaper to get DSL in at home no??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

☺♥☻

Hold me now dont start shaking..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Well it only costs €1/hour and less than that late at night.

Advertisement