Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinnotts

• 14-12-2007 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

<name removed by request> just texted me to tell me that Sinnotts is losed and there is now offically no Ticketmaster agent in Waterford. Thank Goodness I use the site, but still tis not fair on those that don't use the site or have web access, 'cause I know from experience how impossible it is to get through on the telephone.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

That;ll loose them alot of business, I've also only ever used the site to book stuff...couldn't be arsed going into town in the morning q'ing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Does anybody use the agents?

No one i know does!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I know one or two that still fo the whole queing thing. I used to do it for different gigs it was half the fun it was also the start of the build up to the gig

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They were open today selling tickets for Neil Diamond apparently

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Since this isnt offical, can we not mention names? Just got wind that its not publicly known yet, so all sources with the news should not reveal there identity just in case. Iv removed one named from the OP per request. Cheers. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

When did Sinnots close? I passed by there on Wednesday and it was business as usual.:confused:

Its not closed yet, but its closing down the line. Selling of tickets is stopping shortly. No idea of dates, but thats what was said..

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sully wrote: »
    They were open today selling tickets for Neil Diamond apparently

They were not selling tickets for the Neil Diamond concert. Jane who runs sinnotts was quoted on WLR this morning saying that the ticketmaster service had went down yesterday lunchtime and had not come back online and due to this been a regular occurance of late, a decision had been made, that they(Sinnotts) would no longer be ticketmaster agents in Waterford City.

She also confirmed that they would not be selling Neil Diamond tickets today.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    They were not selling tickets for the Neil Diamond concert. Jane who runs sinnotts was quoted on WLR this morning saying that the ticketmaster service had went down yesterday lunchtime and had not come back online and due to this been a regular occurance of late, a decision had been made, that they(Sinnotts) would no longer be ticketmaster agents in Waterford City.

She also confirmed that they would not be selling Neil Diamond tickets today.

Well they said yesterday that they were, but iv no idea when they said that. Its just what I was told.. suppose the system went down after. Maybe the downtime is just an excuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Sorry to say, but Sinnott's is crap, and has been for a long time. Remember when it was the only record store in Waterford? KG Discs in the Broad St Centre was a massive shot in the arm and Sinnott's never improved their range even after they came along (1988?). Frankly I'm surprised they lasted so long. Golden Discs is OK and BPM is the best we have, but please Lord, deliver us a HMV or Virgin (or Zavvi as it is now).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

It will be a sad day if Noel Sinnott closes his doors.:( A great Music and Movie lover and one of life's gentlemen. I bought my first single from him in 1970.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I bought a hell of a lot of DVDs there.

I would often see queues forming outside there around 7AM as I went to work when tickets for concerts were going on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

O man , I go into the agents to get tickets for gigs!!, this really sucks, hopefully some other shop will take it up instead .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

was in there couple weeks ago for first time in years and i must say i was shocked to see the place so bare it used sell lot more cd,s than they are now!!!

Advertisement