Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

R.i.p Jude

• 14-12-2007 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Any one who drinks in fibbers has meet jude and his wife linda at one time
    jude has done some kick ass tattoos
    he was a loving husband and a great dad
    the nice person in the world

Jude Sneyd (28), of Shelburne Place, Campile, New Ross, was killed instantly when his motorcycle collided with a car at Ballyknock, Ballymitty, Co Wexford at about 8.15am.
    It is understood Mr Sneyd, who worked at a bank in Wexford town, was driving to work and was in the process of overtaking a car ahead of him, when he struck a car travelling the same direction which was turning across the road into a driveway.

The situation on our roads these days has to change! Every day you hear of the needless waste of life brought on by people trying to get somewhere 5 minutes faster or worse still trying to get home after the pub thinking that “I am alright to drive”. Here is the question I would like to ask?? If your life worth 5 minutes of someone else’s? The stranger you passed this morning, is there life worth €10 so you don’t have to pay for a taxi home at night? These are the questions that should be asked EVERY time you get into a car!!! You are in control of your life and everyone else’s when you get behind the wheel of a car do the right thing and think!!

Jude lost his life yesterday, and I see it as one of the biggest tragedies of this year! He was only 28 he had his whole life in front of him. And now due to a stupid mistake, which I have no doubt could have been avoided, his loving wife and beautiful daughter will have to face the rest of their life without

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

R.I.P. I never met the man but someone killed this early in life is always a tragedy, condolences to his friends and family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

I kinda knew Jude through a few different mates in Fibber's, such a nice guy,always had a great night out with him.
    It's just such sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

Hi,
    I'm Linda, Jude's wife.
    Eilish is right about stupid mistakes causing accidents but it wasn't the overtaking. It was a lack of observation.

It went like this:

Two cars. Jude overtook one on a very wide stretch of road. Broken Line so it was a legal manouvere. He went to overtake the second car and the woman turned into a driveway. Whether she indicated at all is an issue but it is obvious she did NOT look in the mirrors properly. It was the same stretch, same broken line, same completely legal manouvere.

Jude tried to stop the accident, he did his usual thing of try to drop the bike to avoid it happening and avoid hurting anybody but himself. But he didn't have enough time.

Jude was a VERY safe driver. I know people assume bike drivers are lunatics but Jude was not the usual bike driver. Always made treble sure of the situation before doing anything. Always extra alert because people don't look for bikes on the road. Always looking at what the other drivers are doing because even though you might be paying attention the car in front mightn't be.

Needless to say the inquest will be done and it will be decided in a court exactly what happened but looking at the scene it is obvious. Once we get his bike back we'll know for sure ourselves which is the main thing for us.

It was a typical accident through a mistake made by a driver. It's yet other reason for driver RE-testing on a regular basis. In a way ironic that it was the same day a new safety campaign was started by the RSA about biker safety and awareness of other drivers of bikes.

Advertisement