Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's up with cdwow

Options
  • 14-12-2007 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

i remember a thread about cdwow on this forum but i can't find it. i never actually read the thread but it was called "CDWOW. are they still trading?" and now i'm wondering if they are.

my girlfriend bought two cds off them a few weeks ago. the only interaction she's had with them since that date is they took her money. the cd's haven't arrived and they're not responding to emails. anyone know what's up with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Steve J

i remember a thread about cdwow on this forum but i can't find it. i never actually read the thread but it was called "CDWOW. are they still trading?" and now i'm wondering if they are.

my girlfriend bought two cds off them a few weeks ago. the only interaction she's had with them since that date is they took her money. the cd's haven't arrived and they're not responding to emails. anyone know what's up with them?

I use them all the time - no problems. They were taken over by another company a few months back, and all seems to be back in order now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Steve J wrote: »
    I use them all the time - no problems. They were taken over by another company a few months back, and all seems to be back in order now.

I ordered a game on 24th Nov and it only arrived today. Also, the prices definitely aren't as good as they once were. No difference in the prices that you pay for new releases in Tesco and in the Tesco case you have the DVD immediately. Aren't much of a difference in CDs and I think some games are MORE EXPENSIVE on CD wow than in town, especially when the likes of Tesco are giving 30% back on your purchases! They have a very restricted back catalogue also, only really have new releases and a few old films. And delivery times have gotten worse, so to summarise I'd go elsewhere if you can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Steve J wrote: »
    and all seems to be back in order now.

Not so sure about that. There seem to be quite a few issues with communicating problems to them. I ordered one DVD the other day for the craic, just to test them and see if it goes OK. Had a 3 euro voucher so was worth trying. I'm not in any hurry for the DVD so I'm going to see how long it takes. They charged my card immediately, but as of yet I haven't got confirmation of it being posted despite it being listed as Posted and Advised in my account. Their "tracking" system is as shite as always then.

There's also a thread over in Online Buying about delivery problems. CDWow are claiming that a lot of orders for Ireland are going missing. Could be someone, or a group, in the post office stealing DVDs and CDs in the sorting offices somewhere. They claim to be investigating this.

Advertisement