Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 computers - 2 mobile broadband modems?

Options
  • 14-12-2007 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Is it possible to have two different SIM cards for two different computers, but paying for only one account?

I was thinking of "losing" one sim, calling O2 and getting another and putting it into my other machine. That way I can have the desktop sitting at home using the supplied modem, and use the laptop whenever I need to go out and about.

I have a Panasonic Toughbook with a built in HSPDA slot. I don't need to buy another modem.

Do I have to buy two SIMs and pay 2X?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

philmcn wrote: »
    Is it possible to have two different SIM cards for two different computers, but paying for only one account?

I was thinking of "losing" one sim, calling O2 and getting another and putting it into my other machine. That way I can have the desktop sitting at home using the supplied modem, and use the laptop whenever I need to go out and about.

I have a Panasonic Toughbook with a built in HSPDA slot. I don't need to buy another modem.

Do I have to buy two SIMs and pay 2X?

no that's not possible. when they issue you a replacement sim the old one will stop working. if you want to do that you'll have to swap the sim around

Advertisement