Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New stereo

Options
  • 14-12-2007 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Want to get gf new car stero with i-pod dock for christmas.

Any suggestions/guides etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

gosplan wrote: »
    Hi All,

Any suggestions/guides etc.

http://www.securesounds.ie/buying%20guide/Headunit%20Guide/headunit%20guide.htm

More of a general head unit guide but may help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

The aldi stereos are on again next week..! I have one, they are great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Them aldi ones are good and cheap also there are cheap pioneer ones (100 - 150 euro) in argos that do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

There's one being sold on adverts at the moment. Not mine but i was tempted by it!

Sony headunits have aux inputs on the front that take a standard headphone jack so can be used with anything that uses headphones.

The one on adverts is Alpine, and has the dedicated ipod interface so will control your ipod too. Possibly charges it, not sure. I was considering these a year or so ago before my ipod was stolen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭2347

Argos have a Sony that looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

buy a voucher for an ice store, that way she can get a better one for the money in the Jan sales. I know I know I'm cheap.....still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

2347 wrote: »
    Argos have a Sony that looks good.

I got one of these Sony's... the USB port is the business... It might as well not have the CD on it...
    Sound is good... would recommend it

Cheers
    bam

Advertisement