Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

T4 Windows Configuration

• 14-12-2007 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Is there anyone else here that deals with Secondary schools IT? This T4 crowd basically built a pre installed configuration of XP Pro and gave it to dell to install on all the PC's to be used for the T4 Program.
    The problem is that on startup this build automatically tries to register to the T4 Domain conrtoller. The school that i'm trying to fix this for didn't have a T4 domain controller so the registration didn't work. Now at the login screen noone has any access to login to try to reverse the settings. We've contacted dell who gave us the only administrator password they know of which doesn't work.
    I'm going to try a password changer I have on a CD but i've a strong suspicion it's not going to work. Bar reinstalling XP i'm running out of options and even that isn't a great option because the school will loose Solidworks and other related programs. None of those CD's were supplied.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Password reset disk - set the local admin password to blank
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    Note you need physical access to the machine
    You will loose the ability to read entfs folders that were encrypted by that user

Don't you get an option to choose the local computer name when you try to log on ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Theres a complex password that you should have been given for the local administrators account- the person in the school that ordered the machines should have been sent it,The last school I did a T4 setup for without a T4 server I just used a password reset disk on all the T4 computers and then added the machines to the existing domain and no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Yep fixed it in the end with a password changer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

arseagon wrote: »
    Is there anyone else here that deals with Secondary schools IT? This T4 crowd basically built a pre installed configuration of XP Pro and gave it to dell to install on all the PC's to be used for the T4 Program.
    The problem is that on startup this build automatically tries to register to the T4 Domain conrtoller. The school that i'm trying to fix this for didn't have a T4 domain controller so the registration didn't work. Now at the login screen noone has any access to login to try to reverse the settings. We've contacted dell who gave us the only administrator password they know of which doesn't work.
    I'm going to try a password changer I have on a CD but i've a strong suspicion it's not going to work. Bar reinstalling XP i'm running out of options and even that isn't a great option because the school will loose Solidworks and other related programs. None of those CD's were supplied.

I didn't get any of the CD's for ours either. I ran into a similar problem but got around it in the same way - I remember needing a BIOS password from DELL though (that may have been the one you were given?)

On the plus side, once you've added in your own programs (if any) to the image, you can sysprep and image it (using Ghost etc) just fine.

If you need it, PM me and I can send you the details of the above and the rep in DELL we deal with specifically for T4

Advertisement