Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressers

Options
  • 14-12-2007 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Ladies how do you get a hairdresser to do what you want to your hair? I have been sick for two weeks so decided to go and get my haircut as a treat for myself and because I hadn't had it done since August. I sat down and first thing I said was 'I'm growing my hair and I've spent a year growing it to this length so DO NOT cut it short. I only want the bare ends taken off, nothing more'. Now, I wear glasses so they have to come off and I can't see anything. When I finally put my glasses back on a good 3 inches is gone off my hair and it's now sitting above my shoulders. I felt like crying. So much for treating myself. I don't know how I could have been more specific in telling her NOT to do that. So why do they think they can just do whatever they want? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Im a hairdressers dream, i go in and say do what ya want just don't make me look like a twat. But I would go back and complain your arse off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I used to be a hairdresser and I know what you mean - some just disregard what you say. The best way to find a good hairdresser is by word of mouth. It's also very important to stick with a hairdresser because it takes time for them to really get to know your hair. I hope you have better luck next time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Hope you didn't leave the salon without complaining?

Sorry to hear that lady, i have a fantastic hairdresser who's freelance so if you want her details pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I had that problem for ages, my hair never used to turn out the way I wanted it, sometimes I'd feel like they weren't even listening to me when I was trying to explain what I wanted. I have a hairdresser I like now, she's young and at the start I was a bit nervous that she wasn't very experienced, but I actually think it's better because she listens to what I want done with my hair and then does it. I think more experienced hairdressers maybe feel like they know best because they've been doing hair for x years, but really your the one who has to look at it and style it every day so it should be what you want that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

I hate it when they don't listen. I went to my hairdressers to get an upstyle for my 21st birthday. When i got there, it wasnt my normal hairdresser at all, but I didnt mind too much. I asked for curls, with a small piece pinned up...what did i get? my full head backcombed and a big beehive like i was amy winehouse. i pulled it down when i got home and was so p1ssy about it, i didnt even enjoy the night! Pics are rotten. OP, I feel your pain!

• Advertisement
Advertisement