Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Into modified motors? Help needed

Options
  • 14-12-2007 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm studing media in BCFE and am currently doing a project on sub-cultures, and the one I've picked is modified motors.

I need to interview somebody over the phone or by email about it. I'm interested in what you do, why you do it, what you're interested in, in terms of clothes, your car, music, what you read, whether you feel put upon by the guards. Are you considered a boy racer by others? Is that something you love/hate? is it a four letter word? is so why, if not why not? Are you portrayed in an unjustified way by the media? Or is that what you're after? Are there different types? what type are you? What others do you identify with? What's good, what's bad, what you hate, what you like.... you tell me.

If you are obsessed by modding and are interested in letting rip on a subject that's close to your heart and part of your life rather than just a hobby, please pm me. Here's a chance for a platform in totally non-judgmental fashion.

I can either make contact by phone (preferred option) or over email. no personal contact required.

Thanks for your time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

there is a huge difference between people the like to mod their car and boy racers!!!!yes the are easy to mix up and a boy racer wil never call them selfs one but they can be spotted miles before a person that likes to mod their car for the right reasons! i myself drive a toyota celica i imported from japan that already had a lot of work done to it so it saves me alot of time and money, but i have so much more planned for it so i can get max power out of it wit out goin too far and the only option left is to use it as a track car,i drive my car every day of the week and have never once been pulled be the gardi, i like to do the work myself but have very basic skills when it comes to engine parts, where as a boy racer jst drops it off at a garage/shop and lets someone else do all the hard work...now where is the fun in that?? a boy racer drives around wit music on full wack and showing off speeding down small roads sliding around corners(or trying to) and pretty much been foolish, no dont get me wrong i like to try all thesethings too from time to time butst basic mods is because idiots like these people are doin it at the wrong time and in the wrong place!!! il be first to tel you i like to get a bit sideways around corners and roundabouts but it cant be done in daytime as there is too much traffic and is dangerous so later on in the evening is your time to have fun!! people are usin back roads now to race on and its wrong as many of these people dont know the roads so they are breaking at the last min and putting themselfs and more importantly others in danger. track days are becomin more and more popular and prices are droppin so much because the rsa are helping fund these events no to try keep the racing in its place!!!!i am willing to share more info wit you so feel free to email or jst reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

id be interested in talking to you, pm me.

allso out of interest you should condsider downloading the film "the pursuit of function" Its a small film about the honda tuning scene, if your interested i can forward you a copy

Advertisement