Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skinny Jeans?

• 14-12-2007 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

Just looking for suggestions on this really.

I bought a cheapy pair of skinny jeans to wear with boots. I'm 5ft 11 with a 35in inside leg so a good pair will not reach the floor, so i thought a cheap pair would do cos you don't see how short they are inside jeans.

Any who, i'm just wondering the do's and don'ts about wearing them?
    What are the bad ways to wear them?

As i personally think i have big thighs - so not sure what to put with them ie long top or short top.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Male or female?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Female!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

You're tall so you should look ok both ways. Still, the best is to check both in the mirror!

I can only wear in jeans cos they would stop at my ankles otherwise.

Are skinny jeans encouraged with wide hips and thighs? And how would you disguise them.

DubLegs wrote: »

Are skinny jeans encouraged with wide hips and thighs? And how would you disguise them.

I guess you try different lengths of top and see which ones look best. I find that a top that ends at the widest part of my hips looks best but other factors like the fabric colour and whether it's a print or not also play a part.

• Advertisement

Cheers - another excuse to keep shopping! I have to try different tops! ha!

Well, whatever you wear, wear it well! :D

Maybe others will have advice that makes it all simpler!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Skinny Jeans + Boots FTW!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

DubLegs wrote: »

Depends how wide.. your pretty tall so you would compensate for 'wide'.. never the less.. who cares? Wear em if you like em.

imo, hightops/lowtops/cowboy boots... thats about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have big hips and thigs, but am half a foot shorter.
    I would go for a long top, they'r really in at the moment anyway, so you'll have no trouble finding them. Otherwise your legs can look like two carrots.

• Advertisement
Advertisement