Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 and why you should not use them

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have just moved from 3 to o2. I find their Freedom price plan great and signal is far better than meteor. As said Vodafone is ridiculously expensive. Vodafone do give you free voice mail but I never use it so its no use to me. I have never had a problem with o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

I have just moved from O2 to Three. Was with O2 for years and never had any problems with them (cheaper than Vodaphone). Never tried Meteor, I think their reputation for ****e coverage when they first started up is still in my mind - and I hate their ads! I only went with Three because they are much cheaper than all the others.

Anyway. Loads of customer service problems with Three. They really are a bunch of amateurs. Took almost a month from when I first applied until I got the actual phone. Absolutely no problem with switching my number from O2 - took about 10 minutes.

If, however, Three's customer service continues to be as bad as I have so far experienced, I will go straight back to O2 with open arms.

I have to say though, now that I am (eventually) all set up, Three's products do seem great!

As regards who's cheapest? It all depends on your usage, but if you play around with callcosts.ie, for the various variations of my usage it tends to be Three, followed by Meteor (about 25% more expensive), closely followed by O2 (a further 5% more expensive), followed by Vodaphone (maybe a further 10% more expensive).

As regards Customer Service, I think (and this is not just for mobile phones) that it's all down to luck. 7 years with O2 and never a problem, a month with Three and loads of big problems! O2 must be doing something right!

Oh and op? I don't think your issues with unblocking phones was anything to do with O2, from my (small) knowledge on the matter, I don't think any of the O2, Vodaphone, Three (are their Meteor?) shops unblock phones. The question is - should you not have gotten a new (better) phone when switching to Meteor? That was one of the reasons that Three tempted me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

The bastards rang me up to tell me how much I use my phone and offered that they give me a bill phone on "special offer".The deal sounded ok but 1)I have reservations over using a bill phone as I want to know exactly how much I'm using/not taking liberties texting/ringing and 2)I don't want them taking direct debit from my account as I don't trust the bastards.

When I was talking to them over the phone,I asked if they could do me a special rate on international texts as my gf is from Italy and over 90% of texts are to there and they said no.7 years of being an 02 customer who tops up every few days.

Very soon,I may switch to Meteor.At least I can get free texts and calls to some people every month by only spending 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

that only works for certain models of nokia phones
    All phones cept the newer BB5 phones can be unlocked by flashing, I think.

=-=

o2 myself. CS is so-so. Usually half decent, and the shop staff are generally OK.

Went from Eircell, to Meteor, to o2. So far, o2 has the best coverage and the price plans are generally ok. Loved Meteors "top-ups" that they'd give you if you spent X amount in one month. Had €30 of unused credit on the phone when I left Meteor: their service was so dire that I could never use the credit, and Meteor to Meteor phone calls usually broke down after 2 minutes 50 seconds.

=-=

Finally, OP, I do hope you use the Calling Cards when calling you other half, and that you use the online texts as much as you can?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

If your on SpeakEasy and want to avoid the €150 top-up rule just
    tell them you are going to China on holidays and will be getting a
    local sim card there. O2 do not have a roaming deal with China so
    they will unlock the handset for you.

I did this last week and had my unlock code read out to me approx
    2 minutes after making the call.

• Advertisement
Advertisement