Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad running habits

• 14-12-2007 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have bad running habits? I have at least two. One of them is spitting, I know it's disgusting but I invariably get a build-up of phlegm and at some stage or other have to lugger it out. The second is sometimes if I'm running and a slow-moving bus/luas is beside me I try and keep up with it, which completely throws me off my pace and knackers me out a small bit in the process.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 lindab

hey gaf,
    I know a few runners that pace of the luas and buses.
    probably not the best idea but gives u something to aim at.thing spitting is
    done by most runners.my bad habit is probably taking risks at traffic lights and running in cycle lanes(paths to crowded and uneven)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Now this is a bad habit to get into to whilst running!!

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/priest.whipkey.naked.2.560894.html

:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

yeah bad habits are looking up on long straight roads, very demorilising

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

thinking about the finish with 90% of the run still to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

ike wrote: »
    thinking about the finish with 90% of the run still to go...

Ooh, that's the worst habit of all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

A big one for me is: Trying too hard to regain fitness after an injury or layoff. It just leads to more problems.

Advertisement