Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ryans Garage - Blanchardstown

Options
  • 14-12-2007 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

Seriously P!ssed off at these guys down there.

They took our 06' seat leon to get a scratch on the passanger rear arch to get sorted ( I posted about this a few months back ).

That was left in monday they said it would be back wednesday. No sign of it on wednesday OR thursday. Getting a little anxious at this stage as its taking so long and they keep fobbing us off. Friday not back, until we got a call later in that evening saying the car was ready. We went down and I inspected it after it was driven out from the back. Paint work was good, but I opened the car and a very strong smell of smoke came out. None of us in the family are smokers so it was an unpleasent smell as I spend much time keeping the interior immaculate and dont like smoke. I said oh well I'll get over it it will disapear. I sat in the seat to discover a cigarette butt lying on my driver seat. I was disgusted at this stage, Furthermore I looked at the passanger seat which had a huge cigarette burn hole in the middle of the seat. I was fuuming!

Went straight back in to discover my mother had paid via cheque. They denied it 100%, gave us the " curtosey " of ringing up their paint work department to see if anyone smokes there, no they dont and also no one smokes in the garage. Lieing bast!rds. They were accusing us of damaging the car, I questioned them as they tried to mumble back answers trying to fob us off. We demanded the cheque back that was sitting in the mans hands; he refused. He wouldnt hand it back. We agreed to pay once we spoke to a manager, he refused. They treated us like total and utter D!CKS. We have bought 2 cars there before and got them all serviced, but once they were in the wrong they were total different people.

To no satisfaction, we had to take the car. I shall be driving in monday morning to have a "kind" word to the management.

After all of that, I'll never return or recomend them. Disgraceful.

Hj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You do realise that you can instruct your bank to stop payment on a cheque? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Of course, but the fact he refused. And the manner he did it in :eek:

One of the more stupid things one of the lads said. He kept mentioning " we put plastic seat covers on the cars, if someone had been smoking it would of left a mark on the seat covers and burned a hole in that.. "I agree" I said "

Not mentioning to him the fact there wasn't ANY seat covers on the car when they gave us the car back :rolleyes:

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I've always had great service from the parts department but can't however comment on the service department. As peasant said, you have the car now, just cancel the cheque and let them follow up on getting paid for the job. I wouldn't give them a cent until I had a new seat(s) and the car interior valeted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

HungryJoey wrote: »
    One of the more stupid things one of the lads said. He kept mentioning " we put plastic seat covers on the cars, if someone had been smoking it would of left a mark on the seat covers and burned a hole in that.. "I agree" I said "
    Pretty pointless comment alright seeing as he didn't have the plastic cover to show you! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

I think thats disgraceful customer service. I would also recommend to cancel the cheaque or you could always get on to your solicitor and see what he/she say?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Firstly, get on to your bank and cancel that cheque, as is your right.

Secondly, write the garage a letter detailing what has happened to you and that you want it remedied - either seat repaired professionally, or replaced. Cigarette smoke? You'll just have to get over it.

If that letter comes to nothing, a letter from your solicitor should come next.

It'll cost you a few hundred quid to put these things right. The car was in their control - they were responsible for maintaining it. They should pay to have it fixed.

Sorted so far.

As I've said, we've bought cars & got services done from them as they are local and never ran into a bother with them. I was out raged with how they treated us down there and most certainly will never be back. I would not put my trust in them EVER again.

Secondly, I questioned him as to "certainly you guys must have the car checked before yous take them into your OWN responsibility" he replied " Well, err, they do but they wouldn't notice anything like that " Fair enough, they mightn't but surely that leaves the case opened?

I work in repairs my self ( not cars ) and when we take repairs in we check for physical damage and it must be noted down before hand. That covers our end.

We have come to the conclusion someone has been driving our car around, the smell of smoke is that strong, the petrol was FULL when we dropped it in, its 1/4 gone. Unfortunetly we didn't note any millage down before it was droped in but I recon someone has been driving it.

Hj

Got a call. They are accepting responsibility and are going to look after it.

*takes deep breath*

Still, next time I drop a car in for repair I will take very tight observations on everything.

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Had a very bad experience of them myself,going back on a promise of work to be done for money owed to me. Wouldn't mind but I bought two cars new off them and all the servicing by them too.

On another occasion I had some accident repair work done by them,was very substandard. Had to go as far as getting an independent assessors report on It. Response I got was "If you pay anyone €200 they'll find something wrong with it":rolleyes:

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole now.

Advertisement