Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Discussion of the Rules

Comments

Good points Jive.

Why was the Sticky removed?

While we're at it, I saw someone ask this in the Discussion of Rules thread and never get an answer but Id like to see the use of the word "troll" or any related word banned. It gets thrown out far too easily for simple things like a difference of opinion and its cheap and frankly cheapens the board tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I couldn't agree with you more, Jivin Turkey. There's no doubt in my mind that standards have slipped. I'm definitely not as interested in reading the posts as used to be the case years before, let alone write much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

yeah its a bit of a mess now. i dont enjoy posting here as much as i did a year ago. i used to read the liverpool thread daily but now i cringe just about every time i go in. very little actual football and tactics is discussed.. its more like everyone is trying to keep to their story and raise their clubs status above all the others.

ive been banned before because ive lost the head at some of the stupidest things ive read on boards and although i do regret it i dont really blame myself for any of that. its just not as much fun as it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

there are certainly posters here who love to jump on you and argue against you imidiately,
    the kind of people who love the chance to jump on a mistake you make,
    or quote your post and use the rolleyes smilie.

In other words people are not given the benefit of the doubt a lot of the time they are told they are blatantly wrong and it creates a hostile elitist atmosphere in my opinion.

also: the report post funnction is there to stop people making comments like;
    stupid poll
    stupid thread
    troll etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I read through the charter and saw all enquiries on the rules and general state of the board should be directed to the thread titled "A discussion of the rules", however I can't see that on the front page of the board so I thought I'd put it in a new thread. I posted it here as opposed to Feedback as I think it will get more exposure here.

I know the mods said there are ongoing discussions with The Admin and CuLT about some changes to the Soccer Forum, until the changes are rolled out, or roposals are put to the general userbase, then it's wait and see.

I wonder where the thread went too.
    I've returned to regularly viewing the soccer board following an absence of about 18 months. I am absolutely shocked at the general standard of the board and how much it has deteriorated.

18 Months is a LONG time, especially on Boards.ie. In that time there have been vast improvements in the technical side of things, ie more servers and larger database capability, which has resulted in an improvement in performance of the website as a whole. This has resulted in a huge growth in the userbase of not only Soccer, but of the whole website.

I don't think the standard has dropped that much at the high-end of things, but there are certainly more muppets, troll-like posts and the like.(I'm posting a little over 4 years on Soccer, you must remember the state of the place before closure? It's not a bit like that now),

The amount of baiting, trolling, bitching and just plain idiocy on the board is ridiculous. Now there will always be an element of this, and some is part of the banter, but it's spoiling thread after thread, resulting in loads of nothing threads being opened to get away from it and hence clogging the board.

Man, this has been said by the mods, Admin and other users. If something is causing you annoyance, report the thing. I can see the Reported Posts for the whole website and today only 6 SIX posts have been reported in Soccer today. Two by me. So there's one person reporting 33% of reported posts in a day. If you feel the standard is gone to the dogs, report it, get something done about it.
    The general bad language and name calling is also shocking.

Bad language? Oh Boo hoo tbh, I'm sorry, but if you don't want to see bad language, you probably shouldn't be on the internet.

Name Calling?

Personal Abuse is explicitly outlawed by the charter, and generally people ARE banned for it. What more can the mods do, in fairness.
    Why does someone need to label someone a "dickhead" because they think they could have done something better?

Example?

Did you report it?
    Do we need to label teams "the scum" etc?

Again, this is explicitly outlawed by the charter. And people are banned for it. Again, what more can the mods do? Did you report the post.

Shít, I have to go now, Boardeaux are playing. More later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking this. I can see that contrast incredibly as I've not seen a gradual decrease in standards just a before and after picture, and it's not good.

The mods do a great job I think, and despite many people claiming they didn't agree with their "zero-tolerance" ways, I thought it was very efficient. Why should they waste their time writing posts to tell people they are behaving like morons when they could just ban them? Why do people need three or four warnings? I managed to get into a lot of intense discussion, and even arguing at times, while still staying onside with the mods. Why do others feel the need to cross the line?

I think a much harder line needs to be taken. Is the sponsorship system still in place? I thought that worked well and certainly kept the standards high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

The general bad language and name calling is also shocking.

hope you didnt see my post about simon and garfunkel in the OT thread earlier :o woops!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

maybe it has deteriorated quality wise but I still find the standard of posting on this board to be far better than on almost any other Soccer forum out there. Despite the bickering that can sometime occur it is also a place where you can get unbiased opinions IMO as other boards are in general full of singular views as they are generally individual club related. Also the posters who do cause the bickering can usually be spotted a mile off by the people here who in general only post proper stories and not any old tabloid b*llocks. There are always exceptions but personally as a Villa fan i would value the opinions of the people in the Villa thread for example far more than someone on VillaTalk or Vital Villa and id say it the same with say Pool fans and RAWK.

just my 2cs and im sure more people will criticise the state of the board as thats what always happens but its not all bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought this board was very enjoyable during Euro 2008 and a pleasure to read. Didn't see much abuse, everyone seemed to enjoy the matches and the fantasy football thread that some of us were involved in was great fun.

I do recall a few months back a lot of bitterness going around during the league season but I felt things had mellowed down pretty well for the summer and that there was a very nice atmosphere.

Just my two cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Is the sponsorship system still in place? I thought that worked well and certainly kept the standards high.
    No, it's gone too as far as I'm aware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ah a few have raised the mess bar and posting random stuff off topic, and a few more have attempted to get a raise out of somebody. But sure if somethin is bad and somethin or someone is taking the mickey out of threads then report them. Simple as.

DesF wrote: »
    I don't think the standard has dropped that much at the high-end of things, but there are certainly more muppets, troll-like posts and the like.(I'm posting a little over 4 years on Soccer, you must remember the state of the place before closure? It's not a bit like that now),
    It's not far off TBH. I gloss over tonnes of the threads as I've no interest in reading the same thing again and again.
    Man, this has been said by the mods, Admin and other users. If something is causing you annoyance, report the thing. I can see the Reported Posts for the whole website and today only 6 SIX posts have been reported in Soccer today. Two by me. So there's one person reporting 33% of reported posts in a day. If you feel the standard is gone to the dogs, report it, get something done about it.
    I don't think I've ever reported a post on Boards. I'm not a whinger. It reached a stage before that people with vendettas against each other were just reporting each other the second anyone said anything mildly inflammatory. The board has six or seven mods, surely that is more than enough to stamp out nonsense one line postings only trying to stoke flames?

If every user reported every post they were annoyed with the mods would be snowed under. A simple read of the forum every now and again and let them use their own judgement is fine by me. I know I can tow the line so I'm not worried.

Bad language? Oh Boo hoo tbh, I'm sorry, but if you don't want to see bad language, you probably shouldn't be on the internet.
    Like I said I use bad language, but the point I'm trying to make is that why the need for it when referencing soccer? Same with txtspk. It all goes toward the general standard of posting. If I see a post with bad language littered throughout it or txtspk I generally gloss over it.

I'm not saying ban it, just that its prevalence now indicates how we've let standards slip. Why do we need it?

Name Calling?

Personal Abuse is explicitly outlawed by the charter, and generally people ARE banned for it. What more can the mods do, in fairness.
    Controls were tighter 18 months ago. I was warned once for saying something along the lines of "anyone who intentionally goes out to injure someone is a scumbag" referencing Roy Keane's tackle on Alfie Haaland. I was ticked off for it. Harsh I agree, but the introduction of laxer guidelines on name callnig has only led to the limits being bent that bit further by users.
    Example?

Did you report it?
    I can't recall, I'm just making general observations on what I've seen since regularly viewing the board over the last two weeks.

I didn't report it as outlined above.

Look I'm not having a go at the mods here. I think they were doing a great job when I was here previously. My impression of things now is that the users seem to have more power now to do what they like and I'd like to see the mods take more control again. I'm not a mod nor have any intention to be one. I don't want to report posts or follow up to make sure that these are dealt with.

I'm a more placid user and I'll just go elsewhere to talk football. It appears to me that other good posters (I consider myself a decent poster) have done likewise. I'm just flagging this issue so people know that. If the board is to maintain it's quality something will have to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

In my opinion this is the best football forum about. What I like is most, if not every single poster does not use football manager as a bible for players.

The only thing I don't like is the Irish bashing, but more because its just annoying.

I don't think I've ever reported a post on Boards. I'm not a whinger

do you see the how it can be taken as a little funny that you've said the above in a thread you've started giving out about the place?

without being bad mate, the report post is there for reason-you should use it- or stop moaning tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I love it when people "come back" to a forum they havnt used for well over a year and feel th eneed to start a thread complaining about the state it is in now.

What have you done to help it exactly?

I have been posting on this forum regularly for about a year and in general have found it informative, enjoyable and in general easy going.
    Im sorry if that isnt long enough to include me in the upper echelons of Boards.ie snobbery but hey, its my opinion anyway.

Yes their are arguments, people winding eachother up and all the rest but for crying out loud man its a football forum....on the internet.

The moderators on here do a damn good job, and probably one of the most thankless tasks within Boards.ie itself.

People coming here after 18 months of non-usage and starting a thread moaning about how it aint what it used to be dont help matters in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Eirebear wrote: »
    I love it when people "come back" to a forum they havnt used for well over a year and feel th eneed to start a thread complaining about the state it is in now.

I have been posting on this forum regularly for about a year and in general have found it informative, enjoyable and in general easy going.
    Im sorry if that isnt long enough to include me in the upper echelons of Boards.ie snobbery but hey, its my opinion anyway.

Yes their are arguments, people winding eachother up and all the rest but for crying out loud man its a football forum....on the internet.

The moderators on here do a damn good job, and probably one of the most thankless tasks within Boards.ie itself.

People coming here after 18 months of non-usage and starting a thread moaning about how it aint what it used to be dont help matters in the slightest.

One of my favourite posters. The SPL discussion and various threads relating to Ranges made Eirebear high on my list.

Eirebhoy however remains top.....sorry Mr Alan.:P

i better be in the top 4?!

thats all thats important to me afterall! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

indeed, how apt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

The mods have been in conversation with the users about this quite a bit and you mentioned how things have become more lax. I believe it was Psi who commented upon this best when she mentioned the "Circle of Moderation". We ban people for abuse, we are told that we are too harsh, we warn people for abuse we are told we are too harsh, we delete the abuse we are too lenient, we go back to warning and we are too lenient so we ban and we are too harsh and we get the feedback threads all the while.

As regards the sponsorship system, that was removed when the mods listened to what the users of the football forum said and we got rid (against the advice of Devore who had to deal with most of the fallout along with Gandalf after the footbolocaust) replacing it with an access request system with softer rules, although people still come on and complain that these rules are unfair because they were not part of the original problem and it is not their fault that the mods could not control the forum way back when etc etc..

Anyway, at the moment I am happy to say that the soccer forum is IMO running as well as it has done in quite some time, the standard of posting may have decreased a little but so has the standard of English in use across Ireland, the UK and the world, and unfortunately we do not have the wherewithal to tackle that one. We are looking at some changes to make the super threads more user friendly and perhaps match day threads and while it may not solve all of the worlds ills I believe that it will make posting/reading posts on the forum a little more intuitive.

• Advertisement

I'm not complaining, I'm giving my general impression on the direction I feel the board has gone. I reckon I was one of the most regular posters, when I'd the time to view the board. I was full of enthusiasm to return to be a more regular user.

All I'm doing is suggesting we improve the board. I'm not finger-pointing or complaining.
    Well I've posted about three posts, one of them was this and effort to increase quality, so a good bit to be fair.
    I've no upper-echelon of snobbery. I'm not against new posters, I said that already before you go jumping down my throat again. To be perfectly honest, I've read a couple of your posts, and you are a welcome addition to the board. The board always needs new members as people will come and go regardless of the boards quality.

All I'm saying is that the board needs to keep it's good members, or the overall quality will fall. It can do this by getting stricter against some idiots. If you think the board has been good so far, you'd enjoy it even more with the contributions of some others who I see around in fleeting glimpses. Some of these were formally 5-10 posts a day guys.
    As it was when I left, only there was less of this carry on.
    I've agreed with this multiple times already.
    I'm not moaning. I'm stating that I feel a bit disillusioned with the board now. I feel that I would have been one of the more prominent posters when I was here last. Perhaps I'm being arrogant, I don't know. My observation is that we are losing good posters because of the lack of quality. My observations were confirmed by other posters.

I'm calling on a discussion of how we can solve this (surely this is helping?), yet there are people posting non-sense hidden under the pretense of "banter" here, and people just telling me off saying "I can't come back and start calling the shots".

I don't want to, I just want to make sure we keep some of our best contributors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I agree with T4TF I think with the few changes that are gonna to be introduced can only go to improve the forum. In general the forum is a great place, we have our ups and downs, trolling , baiting , it happens , hell it happens everywhere.

The post quality in general is top notch, there are so many good posters on here that know their stuff and love their teams. This is one of the best forums on Boards, hell in my eyes its the best, but moving forward we have to make changes to better the forum and keep it the best. The mods in co-operation of CULT are implementing changes which will ensure the Soccer Forum is number 1.

There are select a few who do nothing but bait and troll, but its a long damn list of top notch posters on here to outweigh the bad ones, from loads of teams Man United, Pool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Villa, Newcastle, Celtic, St Pats, Shelbourne, and so on.

Our community is diverse ranging over so many teams, giving so many views.

If you dont like the manner of posts report it, its as simple as that, dont like the poster put them on ignore, all very simple.

In my mind we have an excellent community of posters here.

Will

I'm not moaning. I'm stating that I feel a bit disillusioned with the board now. I feel that I would have been one of the more prominent posters when I was here last. Perhaps I'm being arrogant, I don't know. My observation is that we are losing good posters because of the lack of quality. My observations were confirmed by other posters.

I'm calling on a discussion of how we can solve this (surely this is helping?), yet there are people posting non-sense hidden under the pretense of "banter" here, and people just telling me off saying "I can't come back and start calling the shots".

I don't want to, I just want to make sure we keep some of our best contributors.

Maybe it would be better to get back into regular posting and reading of the forum before calling for this discussion?
    Get to know good the bad and the ugly of the members who have joined while you have been away from it all and get a general feel for the place rather than the first reaction.
    You cant expect people to be happy about threads such as this when you have only posted 3 times in 18 months...get what i mean?

You have to remember its the dead season for a football forum such us this one, people are gonna wind each other up because there really is nothing else to talk about other than tabloid stories and ransfer rumours, im pretty sure it will settle down again come the new season.

So relax, pull up a chair and give Mr.Alan some abuse...'tis fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I generally don't post a lot here but I enjoy reading the posts, especially, as someone else already said,during the Euro 2008 campaign.
    I feel you're tarring all posters with the same brush OP. Granted there are a few antagonists who indulge themselves,they're usually baiting anyway. I think they add a necessary side to the whole lot so long as it's given and taken in good faith.
    The deteriating standard of the posts i don't know a whole lot about as i only joined Boards.ie last year. Having said that, I keep up to date with all matters soccer,transfers,scores,gossip,facts mainly through this forum.
    I think the fact that Boards is probably three or four times bigger(just guessing here) in numbers now than 18 months ago doesn't help the overall quality of posts,it is after all a public forum and each to his/her own, so long as respect and courtesy are upheld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

As T4TF has said, we've been in discussion on this.

Thus far, we have proposed a new banning system and a clearer more defined structure for bans and warnings that will, hopefully, manage to create a greater level of fairness and still maintain the forum rules.

We're looking at a way of bringing this in to being. We have two options at the moment, something that requires alot of work for the admins (specifically Cult) which probably won't happen, or something that requires alot of work from us. The discussions are ongoing on this.

We've discussed structuring the "super threads". We have some ideas on this including the mods creating and running match round threads each week (as we do now, but limiting match discussion to these threads) and keeping the Team threads for gossip, rumours and team chat and NOTHING else.

Again this only under discussion as it would require heavy moderation from us to get people into the practice of posting in these threads. Hopefully, the new rules/ban procedure will balance that heavy modding out.

Finally, tickets and travel will be fixed and most likely be pre-moderated for any poster (no special access required) with less than 20-50 posts, we're undecided.

Again, none of this is set in stone, but I tell you now what is being discussed by us so you can see we ARE in conversation about the issues with the admins and we are taking your advice on board. This is a summary of a number of dicussions we've been having so I don't even think I've seen all this information in one post before. Looking at it now, you'll agree, it will make a lot of changes to the forum, depending on how much of it comes to pass.

P.S. Merged with Rule discussion thread and stickied.

Is there a way to implement a "junior mod" type of scenario where the person/people nominated would be only allowed to moderate in certain specified threads.

It doesn't take away from any of the current mods roles or duties.

CMod --> Forum Mod --> Junior Mod

This could spread the workload around a bit.

edit.

Does the Access Requests Forum take much time?

Would a dedicated person for that make sense?

• Advertisement

That would be for Cult to work out and T4TF to approve :)

GuanYin wrote: »
    That would be for Cult to work out and T4TF to approve :)

Of course it would, all I'm doing is throwing ideas out.

T4TF the senior partner is he? :pac:

Of course it would, all I'm doing is throwing ideas out.

T4TF the senior partner is he? :pac:

Senior mod :)

He's the head vampire, stake him and we all die.

GuanYin wrote: »
    As T4TF has said, we've been in discussion on this.

Thus far, we have proposed a new banning system and a clearer more defined structure for bans and warnings that will, hopefully, manage to create a greater level of fairness and still maintain the forum rules.

We're looking at a way of bringing this in to being. We have two options at the moment, something that requires alot of work for the admins (specifically Cult) which probably won't happen, or something that requires alot of work from us. The discussions are ongoing on this.

We've discussed structuring the "super threads". We have some ideas on this including the mods creating and running match round threads each week (as we do now, but limiting match discussion to these threads) and keeping the Team threads for gossip, rumours and team chat and NOTHING else.

Again this only under discussion as it would require heavy moderation from us to get people into the practice of posting in these threads. Hopefully, the new rules/ban procedure will balance that heavy modding out.

Finally, tickets and travel will be fixed and most likely be pre-moderated for any poster (no special access required) with less than 20-50 posts, we're undecided.

Again, none of this is set in stone, but I tell you now what is being discussed by us so you can see we ARE in conversation about the issues with the admins and we are taking your advice on board. This is a summary of a number of dicussions we've been having so I don't even think I've seen all this information in one post before. Looking at it now, you'll agree, it will make a lot of changes to the forum, depending on how much of it comes to pass.

P.S. Merged with Rule discussion thread and stickied.
    It's good to hear that discussions are taking place, regarding the structure of the forum and its rules.

I still think the most simple thing to maintain the quality of the board would be to re-introduce the sponsorship system or something similar. Who cares if it's unequitable or reclusive? The problem with a soccer board is that it can attract such a large number of users that some of them are bound to be trouble makers and trolls.

As many people have said already, this board is one of the best boards around, let's try and keep it that way. There are plenty of soccer boards about if people don't want to make the effort by establishing a presence on boards in order to get access to soccer.

Also you shouldn't even feel like you need to justify bannings to users, it's a privately owned board, not all things are going to be fair. I've been involved in plenty of arguments over the years, some seriously heated at times, but I've always played by the rules. Why can't others?

Like I've said before, I've noticed the lack of posting by some great posters in the past. Perhaps it's for external reasons like workload in the real world etc. But I'd be surprised if the quality of the board currently wasn't a factor with some, like it is currently with me.

All I want is to help the board keep some of the better members as it increases my enjoyment of it and my fellow users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Turkey, there is no way that sponsorship will be brought back in. It would take something catastrophic like the afore mentioned footbolocaust to have us go back to such an approach.

As for senior mod. I am just here the longest.

DesF, We will discuss the merits of your ideas on the Sooooper Sekrit Soccer Mods Forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think standards are always going to drop with more people, its just the way it is. Personally I think the problems are mostly structural, and thus can be fixed and hopefully should be fixed soon.

Hmmmm

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055326056&page=7

Perfect example. Plenty of these posts would not warrant a ban by the letter of the charter but this is the type of cr*p that is far too common around this place now.

Why is the sponsorship system such a outrageous idea again? You've said yourselves Boards is a much bigger place now, why can't we limit numbers to maintain overall quality. If threads like this keep up it'll be worse than it was a few years ago in no time.

something needs to be done about the "troll" label being thrown on anyone who says anything that doesnt fallen into line with fanboy-isms in the club threads. its ****ing awful irritating.

see the Aston Villa thread currently for an example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol what did you do this time?! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I called him a troll, because he did troll, most blatent example I have seen in nearly 6 years on Boards

pointed out that MON may not be the man manager people make him out to be considering in the last 2 weeks he hasnt even tried to talk GB into staying at VP, not made calls that GB was told were on their way. and now Sorensen has given an interview telling how MON slated him surely destroying his confidence.

supposedly i am the devil incarnate.

Links to posts?

Perhaps "Superthreads" are the problem altogether?

I know it makes for a far messier forum, and probably a lot more work for the moderators, but would getting rid of them get rid of the cliques which gather in them?

If you want to talk about a specific story, idea etc...then make a thread.
    That way a person who has feelings on it, without actually supporting the club involved has the opportunity to go into the thread and make their point without being labelled a troll by uptight and easily offended fans of said club?

The super threads create the illusion that they are "owned" by fans of said club, therefore if someone walks into their "territory" and says something they dont agree with...trouble starts.

Not really trolling. It's not he pulled the comment out of his arse, it was in reference to a story which he quoted.

I'll shut up now for fear of a rap on the knuckles for backseat modding.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Not really trolling. It's not he pulled the comment out of his arse, it was in reference to a story which he quoted.

I'll shut up now for fear of a rap on the knuckles for backseat modding.
    Ah come on he came into a thread on Villa as an obvious Pool fan, offered no reasons or explanations, just slagged the manager off in a one liner, if he had reasoned it out somewhat I wouldn't have a problem, the funny thing is the post he replied to was shown MON in a positive light as many Villa fans felt Sorensen was crap and MON was simply telling the truth.

Mr Alan simply posts like a robot unwilling to see any other side of the argument, he posted that post a troll, i.e. to flame the thread, his post offered nothing positive to the discussion.

this is the place to discuss these things xavi.

its not trolling...simple as.

just like the comment in the Liverpool thread earlier
    "Rafa would never do something like that"

in response to queries as to whether he was trying to unsettle a player publically (Villa)was funny, and not trolling. If i'm not mistaken it even recieved thanks from a couple of Villa fans! but no cries of Troll!etc etc

Likewise a man famed for his man management telling a goalkeeper how ****e he is, and me pointing it out, is not trolling, its just pointing out the obvious contradiction.

Villian-the interview (that i was sure to quote) offered all the explanation/reasoning required for my comment.

Villain wrote: »
    Ah come on he came into a thread on Villa as an obvious Pool fan, .

I think my point is made......

I think my point is made......
    I have no probelm with Liverpool fans or any other fans posting the Villa thread EireBear, What I do have a problem with is fans of other teams coming in and trolling. Many other non Villa Fans have and still do post in the Villa thread and there is no problem.

If you look at the Villa thread you will see other non Villa fans saying the same thing about Mr Alan.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Villian-the interview (that i was sure to quote) offered all the explanation/reasoning required for my comment.

It shows his strengths to me, hoensty is something I respect, the issue is you came in with a 1 liner looking for a reaction.

I reported the post and Gave the mods a day to react, they didn't so I posted that the post was a troll, which is was the very definition of a troll is what you did, do you know what a troll is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Recent discussion on this forum lead to the conclusion that team-specific forums would be a bad idea, and that the soccer forum works because it allows contrary views to be expressed.

One effect of that is the fact that you will hear things said about your club that you do not like.

If you feel a poster is trolling a thread then report the post, then put the poster on your ignore list.
    Villian wrote:
    I reported the post and Gave the mods a day to react, they didn't so I posted that the post was a troll, which is was the very definition of a troll is what you did, do you know what a troll is?

Perhaps the mods do not agree with your interpretation?

I called him a troll, because he did troll, most blatent example I have seen in nearly 6 years on Boards

Why didn't you report the post, instead of calling troll on the thread?

You know the rules ffs.

Here, in case you've forgotten
    2. If you have a problem with a post, report the post. Abusing other posters, telling posters not to post or any other "moderation" of the threads will not be tolerated, no matter how inflammatory. If you aren't discussing the points of a post, don't reply.

What is your problem with reporting posts that annoy you? Why did you have to start shíte on the thread?

What are you? A bleedin' Admin.

"Wah wah wah, the mods didn't so what I asked, wah wah wah, so now I'm breaking the rules."

You see your first post tells me to report the post so obviously you didn't see I had reported the post, did you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

You see your first post tells me to report the post so obviously you didn't see I had reported the post, did you?

There's a good chance he didn't see it because you were both posting in and around the same time.

I had to edit my post to add your quote.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement