Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men's Electric Shavers

• 14-12-2007 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

Simple question: Which is the best one to get...??
    (getting one as a present for my boyfriend)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Are you sure he wants one? Most guys I know get by fine with Mach3s

BUT I did see a great one recently, it has a revolving razor thingy on it, and us lads are suckers for cool looking gimmicks!

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1086195&classificationid=1051511&slmRefer=000

LOOK AT IT!!!

Alright its ridiculously expensive but still.. if you can't prove your love for people through material goods, your not even human

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭John Griffin

I love them, hate shaving and this is a gadget that does it for me. Had one a couple of years ago but my son put it in the toilet and killed it. I have a new one now only got it today and tried it out on a weeks growth, its called a Braun 360 complete, comes with charger and cleaner unit, great job, painless shaving again!! They are reduced from €270 to €170 in Sam McCauleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

Not to be rude, but I can never get over the sweeping assumptions made by women in buying shaving items for their partners. Unless he's actually asked for it, I cannot thing of a worse possible present that one could go out and pick off the shelf for someone - something so personal, so essential to get right, so tailored to an individual's requirements and personal taste. And not only that, they're also expected to use the darn thing.

More research than the pearls of wisdom of an internet board is in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Get one that oozes jip!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

well he does use one, he has it with years, (his ex gave it to him - whichis why i think he needs a new one by now) He doesnt like that first one mentioned..he said it looks stupid when it came on the tv last night. might take a look at the second one mentioned...cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is it possible to get an electric razor that doesnt give you a close shave ? i.e If I wanted to look as though I had one or two days growth, can you change the setting so it does that ?

I hate being clean shaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭thesto

Tusky wrote: »
    Is it possible to get an electric razor that doesnt give you a close shave ? i.e If I wanted to look as though I had one or two days growth, can you change the setting so it does that ?

I hate being clean shaven.

hit up the Babyliss iTrim in Boots or Argos for around 60yoyo

its got an adjustable razor that gives you a shave from 0.5mm to 15mm, perfect for keeping a light stubble

Mach3 FTW!

If not, then you probably will have to go expensive. The cheaper ones do a rubbish job and are only good if you aren't going anywhere important and have about 2mins to get up and dressed.

I still haven't found a good, proper electric razor.. however it must also be gunmetal or black, and with loads of cool buttons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

thesto wrote: »

its got an adjustable razor that gives you a shave from 0.5mm to 15mm, perfect for keeping a light stubble

Perfect, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

thesto wrote: »

I second that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement