Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Novices

• 14-12-2007 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭

Right. Who's going to win the National Novice on Sunday? Individual and team.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

I reckon Waterford for the mens team. Not too sure about individual placings (mens or ladies)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

is that west waterford? who's on team?

Individual, Cillian O'Leary might medal but in Leinster novice Brian ?Farrell from Sli Chulainn beat him by 30 secs. Brian also won Rathfarnham 5k so has to be contender.

?Raheny for the team race?

yeah west waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Brian Farrell should definitaly win it, he wants a good race after a bad race in the curragh, Slí Cualann (which is how it spelt, no newspaper can get it right:rolleyes:) have a good chance for the team, but I would say that seening as its my local club.

Do Sli Cualann (thanks for that - never seen it spelt right way before!) have a chance for a team medal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Brian Farrel won the Novice today. Was Seven Seconds ahead of Cillian O'Leary in second. Not sure who was third believe it was a North Sligo runner.

Well done to Cillian. First year in athletics, only joined Raheny in January of this year, made his full debut in the Raheny 5 Mile.

He has since won the Dublin Novice, Dublin Intermediate.
    2nd in Leinster Novice and 7th in Dublin Senior.

He also took a very good 2nd position in the Trinryland 4 Mile RR in September beating Vinny Mulvey.

GO ON THE SHAMROCKS

DaveH wrote: »
    Well done to Cillian. First year in athletics, only joined Raheny in January of this year, made his full debut in the Raheny 5 Mile.

All in his first year ! That is incredibly impressive ! Does he have a back ground in any other sports ?

Hear hear to that. Well done Cillian, well done Raheny. And well done Brian Farrell. No team results out yet. Becky Woods from Clonliffe won Novice Ladies, Clonliffe also taking team gold in that event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Results now up <<HERE>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Jeez Ennis took the Gold medal!! Fair play and well done to all involved. Must be first time that Ennis have taken Gold at National Level.

Also noticed that Dublin didnt even medal in the intercounties.
    Well done to Clare and Wexford. Great to see smaller counties taking gold and silver.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

. Becky Woods from Clonliffe won Novice Ladies, Clonliffe also taking team gold in that event.

Yes, the black and amber ladies are on the up with the same 4 women the scoring 4 for the victorious Dublin team too. God forbid if this progress continues as it must be difficult enough having the Clonliffe boys dominate, there will be nothing left if the girls start to follow suit:D

The wimmin get a very bad press, considering most of our top track/road/country stars in the last 20 years are wimmin. Anytime there is a prediction or result thread on a club website or message board the ladies get a footnote mention. More power to the wimmin!

Tingle wrote: »
    The wimmin get a very bad press, considering most of our top track/road/country stars in the last 20 years are wimmin. !

Tingle you speak the truth !

But to be honest when it comes to predictions etc I usually don't know most of the women.

I guess I have blinkers on and keep more up to date with the men as I usually end up racing against them.

Maybe the majority of users on this board are male and thats why there is bias towards mens predictions etc!

Advertisement