Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Straightener/curler

• 14-12-2007 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am thinking about getting my girlfriend a hair straightener/curler for Christmas.
    I think i heard that you can get one that does both?
    Is this true.

Her hair is pretty straight anyway, so it would be mainly for the curling, but i got her a curler before and it doesn't work very well. So i don't want to have given her two curlers.

So
    1. Is there a hair straightener/curler combo?
    2. Is this a really good curler?
    3. What is the best one to get?

I'd be very grateful for any help. I am a know-nothing-about-this man, and i don't want to get it wrong a second time.

By the way, it would be great if these were available in Argos!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

am a sworn advocate of the GHD straighteners, you can buy them in peter mark hair salon. of you get the slim ones they will curl too. if you dont really want to get a straightener go for a curling tongs on its own, GHD like i said will do both, but she will have to be slightly skilled at doing her own hair.

if you go for the curling tongs i would suggest getting ones with a heat up temp of at least200c and also ceramic plates (temp ensures a longer lasting curl, ceramic is to prevent damage to the hair)

you will find a great selection of tongs in argos, or any major chemist chain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

The GHD is the greatest straightener, and it can create beautiful curls if ya can do it right! A bit pricey though.

Boots has a product that does both. I bought it today. Very easy to use with very good results. It's €65 and is made by Babyliss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

GHD is worth the money

it takes a little while to learn to do the curls, but it's definitely the best

Advertisement