Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnout Paradise demo

Options
  • 14-12-2007 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

... is out NOW on xbox live :D

According to the email I have from EA its available on whatever the PS3's online service is now as well!

Unfortunately its only available to Xbox live gold members. Bastards! I haven't got a gold live account because I haven't played anything on the 'box in months due to all the great stuff out on PC recently. It should be out for silver accounts in a few days.

Anyone know if its possible to get my hands on a few days free trial of gold in order to download it? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Its **** :/

It all seems to lack focus and I was looking for a traditional menu to pick races by the end of the demo. The DJ is a twat and theres no restart event button, you have to drive back to the start of a race if you need to restart. IGN confirmed its the same in the final build aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Heh, it appears to be on torrent sites already in ISO form...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Is anyone having any trouble getting online in the demo? Everytime mine tries to connect with the EA servers, it freezes up. No idea what's going on with it.

Other than that, my first impressions are that it's great. This is one I'll definately be picking up when its released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Stunt mode seems a bit crap, I can see that being very annoying in the full game. The free roaming also seems fairly pointless for this kind of game, I wish they'd kept the traditional menu system.
    All in all I enjoyed it though, I'll definitely be getting the full version anyway...

Tried the demo on both my PS3 and 360, and tbh I couldn't tell the 2 apart. Think I'll end up getting it for the PS3 anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Didn't like it at too much when I first played it last week, but I loaded it up again this evening and it's grown on me a lot.

Once you do the ground work of exploring and finding routes, trying to beat your best jump, longest drift etc. gets quite addictive.

And the handling and sense of speed are fantastic, as are the spectacular crashes. Still not sure on the open city thing but in the full game the events are meant to be very densely packed (there'll always be one near you) so it might work, its a probable buy anyway because just messing around the city is fun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Had a go last night and enjoyed it. Nice alternate take on the sandbox game, seemed to be quite a bit of stuff to find around the place (can pretty much predict some of the achievements already!). City well designed, great sense of speed (as expected) and so on. Should be good craic anyway, as previous Burnout games have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah I'm liking it myself. I wish they gave you a faster car in the demo though! The multiplayer freeburn mode in the demo reminds me very much of the hacked multiplayer mods for GTA3/VC/SA except that you can't get out and shoot your opponents to death after you take them down :)

Advertisement