Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

There must be some SERIOUS confusion out there..

Options
  • 14-12-2007 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭

A bunch of lads I work with who would be fairly intelligent phoned me up there from a drunken work do, told me my car is going to be 2,000 quid to tax next year despite my car being registered in May 2007.

I said no, it won't. It will be 9% more than whatever it is now.

"No no, I'm telling you, that's the VRT that you're on about."

Taking advantage of the situation, I said, I'll tell you what, I'll bet you a grand in cash my car won't cost me 2,000 quid to tax next year so after a long pause for reflection, he said.. eh how about I'll bet you 100 euro.

You're on I said, then hung up :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Another fourteen like him and you're tax paid for the year.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Matt Cooper did his part to further the confusion this evening. He had some guy from Octane.ie and some other guy from some obscure company on talking about the VRT/motor tax changes and they all seemed to think that you can carry on importing used cars after July and still only pay cc-based VRT on them, so therefore the country will be flooded with high-emissions old cars, oh noes! The guy from whatever company then started spreading FUD about UK imports, claiming that so many of them are cut'n'shut write offs, victims of clocking, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anan1 wrote: »
    Another fourteen like him and you're tax paid for the year.;)

ROFL :D

MarkN, just point them to the sticky here ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

unkel wrote: »
    ROFL :D

MarkN, just point them to the sticky here ;)

If it's on boards.ie it mus be true. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You insulting my sticky? :eek: :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

The Dept of Environment need to send out an explanation with every motor tax renewal over the next 6 months I think! The guy who phoned me would be just as high profile as Matt Cooper and I thought he would know better to be honest!!

Advertisement