Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocketts Of Westown

• 14-12-2007 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Was out there recently for a works night out. Didn't know what to expect as I had never been:o Wow was I surprised! Lovely spot (recently renovated). Very diverse menu including crubeens, ribs, and colcannon. Four-course meal for only €27.50, which included a courtesy shuttle in and out of Waterford.

Reason I'm posting this is that we are quick enough to criticise (and I'd be first in the queue) but slow to praise. Well done to all concerned.

NB: I have no connection to the establisment concerned in any shape or form.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

rocketts has always been the spot to go for the traditional irish grub was out there years ago meself for staff xmas night out and it still the same now as it was then if not better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

rocketts has always been the spot to go for the traditional irish grub was out there years ago meself for staff xmas night out and it still the same now as it was then if not better

Would I be right in saying it's been extended and renovated?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cant remember if it was recently cleaned up, but ya a great spot. A lot of tourists highly recommend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying it's been extended and renovated?
    ye but thats got nothing to do with the grub boy!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Terrific place! And totally and utterly Irish in every way: fast service so you can get drinking after you eat, tea or coffee with the meal, not after, like in those posh places... sports on the telly, kids running around, noisy and friendly. The most wonderful, unpretentious place ever. I've brought friends from Spain and Argentina there, and while they were slightly bemused at times they loved it because they found it very authentic, and they absolutely loved the food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

fricatus wrote: »
    Terrific place! And totally and utterly Irish in every way: fast service so you can get drinking after you eat, tea or coffee with the meal, not after, like in those posh places... sports on the telly, kids running around, noisy and friendly. The most wonderful, unpretentious place ever. I've brought friends from Spain and Argentina there, and while they were slightly bemused at times they loved it because they found it very authentic, and they absolutely loved the food.

I can see why.:) Well done Rocketts.

Advertisement