Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So the 360 has all the best games...

• 14-12-2007 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

I finally picked up a 360 again last week for Mass Effect. Mass Effect was brilliant but its over now and I'm in no rush to make a second play through.

The console also came with Halo 3, which was terrible, and PGR4 which was good but no better than PGR3 which I'd gotten bored of a long time ago. Both were quickly sold off.

So what else is there? I'm constantly hearing how the 360 has all the best games but I can't find a single other title worth playing that I haven't already played on PC or PS3. Bear in mind this is anything released in the last 9 months since I got rid of my other 360 that I was sick of sending for repair, so I've already played Crackdown :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

BioShock
    Eternal Sonata
    Ace Combat 6
    Forza 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Guitar Hero 3
    Assassins Creed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,808 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

On arcade:

Castlevania
    Geometry Wars
    Bomberman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

COD 4
    Bioshock
    Overlord (for somthing a tad different ;) )
    Orange Box - unless you've played it all on PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I said stuff that wasn't already on PC or PS3 :)

So that's Ace Combat 6 then. Tempting actually *off to metacritic*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

I've really enjoyed Forza 2 & Rockstar Table Tennis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ace combat is on the PS3 as well isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

3 best games this year imo.. I never played halo lol

Orangebox
    CoD4

and bioshock which I started the other day and the story is great!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Crackdown is a genuine 360 exclusive and it's the most fun game you'll ever play.
    Looks awesome too - buries the PS2 GTA games.
    If you're into GTA but would prefer to lift trucks off the ground and throwing them at your enemies, before taking off and leaping through the rooftops like you're in the Matrix, then go for it.
    Otherwise The Orange Box - Apparently it pisses all over the PS3 version too.

Edit: just noticed you've played crackdown - sorry!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

this thread is unbelievably stupid thread,
    i can't understand why you'd get a 360 there are so few exclusives these days that you should own a pc and either a 360/ps3 not both there are only a handful of good exclusives between them and they aren't really tailored towards cynics like yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

steviec wrote: »
    I said stuff that wasn't already on PC or PS3 :)

So that's Ace Combat 6 then. Tempting actually *off to metacritic*

If you know of metacritic then why didn't you just check there or ask here before going out and buying an Xbox 360? You may have saved yourself a few quid. :)

mayordenis wrote: »
    this thread is unbelievably stupid thread,
    i can't understand why you'd get a 360 there are so few exclusives these days that you should own a pc and either a 360/ps3 not both there are only a handful of good exclusives between them and they aren't really tailored towards cynics like yourself.

True, but I couldn't not play Bioware's next big game. And there's actually a fair few exclusives out there - a large portion of my favourite games this year (Uncharted, Crackdown, Ratchet, Mass Effect) were exclusive to one console or the other.

And I'm well aware of most of the 360s catalogue I was just wondering if there were some things I overlooked, because you always hear it has so many more games and yet I couldn't think of more than a couple. I'd completely forgotten Ace Combat 6 existed though for one.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Crackdown is a genuine 360 exclusive and it's the most fun game you'll ever play.
    Looks awesome too - buries the PS2 GTA games.
    If you're into GTA but would prefer to lift trucks off the ground and throwing them at your enemies, before taking off and leaping through the rooftops like you're in the Matrix, then go for it.
    Otherwise The Orange Box - Apparently it pisses all over the PS3 version too.

Edit: just noticed you've played crackdown - sorry!

Crackdown is indeed fantastic. Anyone who hasn't played it yet needs to, there's no excuse with the price it's at now either.

If you want exclusives then buy the Wii - Nintendo will never make games for other consoles, as well as the PC.
    Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Zelda etc etc. In fact, practically every Wii release is an exclusive - save for those dire EA and Ubisoft ports. Doubt anyone buys those on Wii anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Pacifico wrote: »
    Ace combat is on the PS3 as well isn't it?

No, AC6 is exclusive to 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

was considering buying crackdown, saw it for dirt cheap on ebay ( €5.00) total!

But i played the demo and it seemed a bit rubbish, aiming and fighting seemed just poor and boring, i hate the whole circles lock on for aiming, i think its so cheesey arcade, reminds me of timecop or something, reall bad.

might give it a purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'd definitely say buy the full game, the controls don't really start to gel until you've been playing it for an hour or so, it was well after the first hit that I started to feel comfortable with them and really started to enjoy the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

But i played the demo and it seemed a bit rubbish, aiming and fighting seemed just poor and boring, i hate the whole circles lock on for aiming, i think its so cheesey arcade, reminds me of timecop or something, reall bad.

its not worth a fiver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

It's definately worth a fiver. Paid €60 for it and I got my moneys worth from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

its probably the most boring game ive ever played

its bloody horrible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

AC6 is all kinds of awesome, apart from the lame ass story. The game and the graphics are ****ing superb.
    The darkness is classic, assassins creed is fun, and looks incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

'Crackdown' is still one of my favourite games for the 360 to be honest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,808 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's the jumping about that makes that game not the (admittedly truly awful) combat. Scaling entire buildings with one leap when you start getting powered up is just incredible fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Agreed! I think Crackdown is my favourite Xbox 360 game so far. Once you're powered up it's extremely addictive. Running at speed and then leaping over a building into a bunch of enemies, then kicking one of them into 2 others and killing them. Picking up a car then throwing it at another group of enemies to kill them. What's not to like? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

0ubliette wrote: »
    AC6 is all kinds of awesome, apart from the lame ass story. The game and the graphics are ****ing superb.
    The darkness is classic, assassins creed is fun, and looks incredible

Can't agree with this at all,

I thought AC6 looked awful, I cant believe how bad the terrain looks when you fly low.

It reminded me of Air Combat 1 on PS

Traded it after about an hour of play.

I downloaded the AC6 demo and agree with the above poster - it looks terrible. The building d look shocking. I ended up flying my plane into skyscrapers for the laugh, the combat mechanics were terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 NewBalance

sorry - I saw you said Halo 3 was terrible?

Are you joking?

Are you being purposely cynical and hard to please?

Halo 3 while not perfect - is not Terrible.

Over hyped - Yes.

Over Anticipated - Yes.

Terrible = by a very long way, No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

NewBalance wrote: »
    sorry - I saw you said Halo 3 was terrible?

Are you joking?

Are you being purposely cynical and hard to please?

Halo 3 while not perfect - is not Terrible.

Over hyped - Yes.

Over Anticipated - Yes.

Terrible = by a very long way, No.

I thought the single player was abit awful meself.
    Really felt they put less effort into it than halo 1&2
    with the exception of the scarab battle.

multiplayer on the other hand is great fun and should receave love from all.

Advertisement