Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband waterford problem 896kbps???wtf

Options
  • 14-12-2007 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

All day today my internet has been very slow. Youtube videos taking a while to load etc. Just checked 192.168.1.254 and the maximum speed is rated a 896kbps instead of the usual 2048. Whats the deal there? Anybody else having problems? We have the eircom 2mb broadband package and this is the first time this has ever happened to me.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

It could be contention or you are having the same problems with slow speed as other people are having this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

All day today my internet has been very slow. Youtube videos taking a while to load etc. Just checked 192.168.1.254 and the maximum speed is rated a 896kbps instead of the usual 2048. Whats the deal there? Anybody else having problems? We have the eircom 2mb broadband package and this is the first time this has ever happened to me.
    thanks

same for me with Youtube (LMK area) today (also 2mb Eircom) .... never had such a problem before ..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

I'm on 2mb package too in Dunshaughlin exchange. Youtube was REALLY slow yesterday and still is today. In fact, lots of sites seem to be loading slower than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

I just found out from my sources in eircom that they are having an issue with traffic to/from YouTube and a number of other networks in the US. At the end of last week eircom brought up a new peering connection in the US and apparently this was more successful than they expected. A lot of traffic previously sent via their transit connections in London is now being directed through New York - this includes content from YouTube.

If any of you know about BGP routing, what might be going on here is that YouTube traffic is announcing routes to London and getting the replies back from New York - should be straightforward to fix and I expect it will be resolved today.

Advertisement