Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

volvo fuel economy

Options
  • 14-12-2007 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

thinking of buying an s60 or an s80 d5 in the next few weeks. any one out there got one?
    what fuel economy ya gettin?
    the reviews online say 44mpg combined but have unconfirmed reports that its alot lower than that.
    any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Realistic figures are usually 25-30% lower than the quoted figures AFAIK. It would also depend on how you drive and what sort of traffic your stuck in day-to-day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Go for the D5. It's probably the most economical engine in a Volvo S60/S80. The 2.0T petrol engine is well thirsty - especially if coupled with an auto box. I'd an S60 2.0T Auto and it did less than 300 miles to a €70 tank full :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I've a 1.9 litre V40 diesel- around Dublin I'm lucky if I hit 30 mpg (20-25 would be more normal), on the M50/M7 I have no probs averaging 45 possibly 50 on a good day. Thats a manual, not an automatic, and I don't have the high tuning.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

People are hitting 44mpg with the D5 diesel in the S80. The 2.0t petrol is fun but thirsty. I only get 31mpg with mostly motorway driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

crosstownk wrote: »
    The 2.0T petrol engine is well thirsty - especially if coupled with an auto box. I'd an S60 2.0T Auto and it did less than 300 miles to a €70 tank full :eek:
    That sounds ok to me, i'm currently driving a SAAB 9-5 2.0T auto and i'm getting 240 miles to a €75 fill. I'd have thought the two cars would be returning similar figures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I was driving a V70 D5 auto for a while (esentially the same as a S60) 40mpg is do-able

Advertisement