Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the postgrad diploma in accounting ?

Options
  • 14-12-2007 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Is this course hard to get into, Is It any good?? im in my final year in ucd (ARTS) and want to change career to accounting. i see you need a 2.2 min but do you need relevant work experience behind this? What does the course entail? it says around 30hrs per week ???? is this just in lectures?? (I've read the prospectus, but need more detail etc.). Can someone help me out with these questions amongst additional observations, PLEASE!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

PLease answer this thread at minimum give me your expierence with dit etc.... please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

Hiya,

I did my undergraduate in Biotechnology and later completed CIMA -(management accountancy). I did the accountancy exams straight through, without any exemptions, a few years after I left college. So my expereince is not a lot of help - except to say that doing CIMA has been a big help in my career.

However, one of my fellow Biotech students did the post-grad diploma in accounting straight after college. She went straight from there into Ernst and Young, and is hugely successful (if you measure success by money, cars and luxurious lifestyle!!). She's also travelled all over the world.

Your best bet is to contact one of the lecturers in the course. I'll see if I can get you a contact phone number / e-mail - however, it will probably be tomorrow by the time I get my hands on it.

Advertisement