Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin road crash

Options
  • 14-12-2007 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick message for anyone who might be getting into the car and heading out the Dublin road from Limerick. There was a very bad crash at Daly's cross and traffic has been diverted.

A friend has just gotten to the house and told me she was diverted to the Newport road on the way to me.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Traffic is being diverted via birdhill from dublin, and lenihans cross from limerick for garda accident investigators etc. Just showed a clip on the news, the car was mangled.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Just saw the News at nine, and the crash was on it. Looked awful, two dead. Daly's Cross is a deathtrap, and has been the site of god knows how many crashes down the years. Defo needs something done to help prevent this happening again. I wonder would a small roundabout work there? It would slow traffic and bring in a right of way systen there.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The cops were only letting Castleconnell people through on the Dublin Road (and I had to take first left after roundabout)..

Where exactly was the crash?? Traffic is nuts on a Friday, so I can't picture any cars going so fast that they'd be mangled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Just saw the news - that was some hell of a bad crash. Horrible for their family and friends esp this time of year.

I use the road regularly from Dublin (3times a month) and it is a bad stretch near Dalys cross. Wonder if this will make the council sit up and take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mr E wrote: »
    The cops were only letting Castleconnell people through on the Dublin Road (and I had to take first left after roundabout)..

Where exactly was the crash?? Traffic is nuts on a Friday, so I can't picture any cars going so fast that they'd be mangled.

By Daly's Cross.

• Advertisement

I got that, Kess. I mean where in Dalys Cross? By the petrol station? At the Castleoaks turn off? Past DC on the Dublin side?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Mr E wrote: »
    I got that, Kess. I mean where in Dalys Cross? By the petrol station? At the Castleoaks turn off? Past DC on the Dublin side?

Teletext says a mile past Daly's X.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

The two men involed R.I.P

Just saw it on the news. It was a man in his 40s and a man in his 20s, believed to be from Limerick. Collided with a truck. The car was seriously destroyed.

RIP.
    My prayers are with their families - It will be a tough christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭grumpypaddy

the accident happened about a mile past dalys cross on the Birdhill side. It is at the area where there is a slow lane and a fast lane going up the hill on the dublin direction, there is an entrance to a sand pit or a quarry on the right hand side near it i think as you go outbound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 sosulio

the accident happened about a mile past dalys cross on the Birdhill side. It is at the area where there is a slow lane and a fast lane going up the hill on the dublin direction, there is an entrance to a sand pit or a quarry on the right hand side near it i think as you go outbound.
    The place is called Gouig, apparently the car drifted over the lane into an oncoming truck

Advertisement