Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

network connections

Options
  • 14-12-2007 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Why was there an extra connection in my network connections that would not connect. I had been trying to create one but could not 'see' it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

What's it called-there's many different types that will appear in Network connections, LAN, Wireless, VPN etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

JæKæ wrote: »
    What's it called-there's many different types that will appear in Network connections, LAN, Wireless, VPN etc.
    Something eircom, an ssid like mine has, gone now. Couldn't be someone else breaking into my system could it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Its was probably just picking up a neighbours access point for a minute

bushy... wrote: »
    Its was probably just picking up a neighbours access point for a minute
    and would that mean the neighbour could pick up mine. Could the neighbour connect to mine, if i changd to wpa woud i have prevented that?

Something eircom, an ssid like mine has, gone now. Couldn't be someone else breaking into my system could it?

Ah, it's listed under available wireless networks? Yep-just picking up the wireless signal from a neighbour. You can rest easy, as long as your firewall is on, and flameproof

• Advertisement

and would that mean the neighbour could pick up mine. Could the neighbour connect to mine, if i changd to wpa woud i have prevented that?

Is WEP enabled?

JæKæ wrote: »
    Is WEP enabled?
    yes, WEP is enabled it says secure

Ah, it's listed under available wireless networks?
    yes with a different ssid
    Yep-just picking up the wireless signal from a neighbour. You can rest easy, as long as your firewall is on,
    NAT router is firewalled and have ZA free firewall on pc
    and flameproof
    with wep?

Thanks

Advertisement