Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digitalb

• 14-12-2007 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Could someone verify for me that Digialb is broadcasting at the moment (10.00 pm):confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Which channels?

The SuperSport channels are working, though on SS4, there is a message on the screen, presumably referring to new frequencies.

Vertical
    FEC 3/4
    SR: 27900

Vertical
    FEC: 3/4
    SR: 27900

I'm unable to make out what the text says, but am looking into it.

byte

Yeah, it seems channels they are changing.
    http://www.digitalb.al/info.php
    http://digitalb.al/listakanaleve.html

While they have already been using the 11094 freq before, they have changed the Symbol Rate from 30000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

byte wrote: »
    Which channels?

All channels are black, including fta music channel,

thanks for reply

Thanks for the help Byte, I rescanned the frequencies that you said and I'm now back in business, for some reason Digitalb must have thought that their adult content wasn't sufficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

can't wait till their HD starts, hopefully they show soccer

its mpeg 2 hd , well was yesterday when they were showing some test progams

• Advertisement

what type of receiver are you using to open the HD channels?

Pc with dvb-s pci card, cam and digialb card

never thought of that, just have "oldish" sat receiver at the moment, cheers for reply.

byte

Thanks for the help Byte, I rescanned the frequencies that you said and I'm now back in business, for some reason Digitalb must have thought that their adult content wasn't sufficient.
    Glad to be of service :)

Apparently, their HD channels will show a variety of movies, and sports etc. It also seems that because of the launch of the HD channels, there will not be any additional SuperSport channels as was thought.

I do notice that signals are weaker on these new tp's than SuperSport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭joe25

Anyone know when there big brother is starting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

cat "big brother" > /dev/null

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

Has anyone lost power on their DigitalAlb signal recently? I've dropped from 80 to 72% and my picture is breaking up. Just wondering if it is me or the satellite.

Regarding signal strength and quality, I haven't noticed any change, I've had problems in the past when it rained, although I think if the dish is correctly aligned it should be fine in all weather conditions (maybe not really heavy rain)
    I'm using a 1 metre fixed dish (Co. Louth) and haven't had any reception problems for the last 3 months.
    Hope this helps Yellabelly, as I said alignment seems to be critical for 16 deg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

LOTTOWINNER, thanks for the reply. I had it working fine at 80% SS for some months on my motorised 1m dish in Meath. Fine tuning East-West made no difference. Maybe my dish has slipped out of plane. If it is unchanged for you then I must inspect my setup.

byte

I get around 79-80% on my Technomate (not too bad consdering the fact that the LNB isn't dead centre but slightly offset due to multi-LNB arm and loss through a DiSEqC switch) on SuperSport. I'm using a Triax 110cm dish.

However, I notice on the other channels (My Music, Digifilm, etc) since the frequency change, I get a lower 72% signal. They still seem to work OK though.

Saw an add a while ago on Digialb HD and it said there will be 3 HD channels

Only 2 are testing atm, but there actually showing films and football now. They were showing champions league repeats in HD aswell as Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Mans Chest and Casion Royale in HD from what I have seen today. I'd say they'll definitely have the champions league in March in HD anyways, hopefully the premier league or german/italian league aswell. Looks like there using mpeg4 aswell (well dvbviewer is using cyberlink h264/avc decoder) as they were only using mpeg2 at first. Picture looks great.

byte

I've read on a site selling these cards that the subscription cost is to rise for Digitalb. Whether or not it's true, or just scaremongering, I dunno.

forgot to say the HD channels are FTA at the moment!

Advertisement