Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game ratings

Options
  • 15-12-2007 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Normally i a big fan of the ratings on games my kids dont play games or watch moves above their age unless i see them 1st then either allow it or not.

they not allowed GOW or RES 4 or UC (they the only console games over 12 i own).

But they mad into wrestling so got Raw2008 (its crap) have played a bit of it and cant see why something thats on tv at 12 on a saturday afternoon gets a 16 rating on a game. the chair thing is about the only reason i can think off but stopping the camera on a sat afternnon then showing out cold actor is bleedin obvious, they young but not stupid.

have i missed graphic nudity or violent blood and gore in this game that isnt shown at 12 on a sat morning?

this game is 8 years over the kids age and i honestly cant see why, maybei missing something.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Dont watch wrestling anymore but would imagine the only thing in the game and not on tv is bad language

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Children cannot handle violence, in any way, shape or form.

Buy them Teletubbies or whatever's popular on CBBC instead.
    [/sarcasm]

On a serious note: aren't there lots of boobies in wrestling? (And I mean ladies' t*ts, not man-boobs -- those are just horrifying!) Time to check the auld PEGI/BBFC/Irish censor's site, methinks -- get some clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    And I mean ladies' t*ts, not man-boobs -- those are just horrifying!)

look at those boobies :D

big-daddy-v.jpg

ShaneU wrote: »
    look at those boobies :D

big-daddy-v.jpg
    MY EYES, THEY'RE BURNING!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sadly i know who that is fromwatching wrestling every week with kids :(

Pegi website down american site says "suggestive themes and violence" so same as whats on every hour on sky sports.

Dont get why its 16s in a game but on tv at lunchtime, same would go for most other games with 12 plus rating, halo is the same rating but gamer tv thing shows halo matches during the day :confused:

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The one shown at lunch time doesn't include chair shots and the like to the extent that the screen freezes before impact. I believe the screen goes black and white when there is blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

The fact is that many parents don't bother paying any attention to the ratings on games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The fact is that many parents don't bother paying any attention to the ratings on games.
    And then they blame games when their kids go on murdering rampages :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Kiith wrote: »
    And then they blame games when their kids go on murdering rampages :rolleyes:

This is probably it - kids (and some adults) can be influenced by things that they see / play...Games companies have had to tighten up with ratings because they are the #1 source of blame. Fair play to you for actually taking an interest!

I was able to play proper FPS games from a young age but it did come with the discussions that it's not real and not fair or fun to invade Mars just to attack Stroggs.....Now that I'm an adult however, I'm just biding my time until they least expect it......................

🤪

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's not the games companies that need to tighten up. Its the shops that sell games to kids and the parents that buy little Johnny Manhunt 2, and then any bad thing Johnny does is blamed on the game.

"Johnny stole a bar of chocolate...well, he played Manhunt as a kid, so thats to blame"
    "Johnny littered...well, he played Manhunt as a kid, so thats to blame"
    "Johnny went on a rampage...well, he played Manhunt as a kid, so thats to blame...its not the fact that he has been shooting guns since he was 4 and lives in a ****ed up society...nope, its all games."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Before the interweb.
    Before gamez.
    Before the f**king TV...

PEOPLE KILLED EACH OTHER. Except then, it was them, uh, witches/vampires/goblins/CIA/aliens?

the_syco wrote: »
    Before the interweb.
    Before gamez.
    Before the f**king TV...

PEOPLE KILLED EACH OTHER. Except then, it was them, uh, witches/vampires/goblins/CIA/aliens?
    It's about money/power, but you're not allowed to say that out loud.

OH SHI-

Advertisement