Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting online with Xbox Live with 3G modem.

• 15-12-2007 12:33am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

If you're like me and the only Broadband you have available is the 3G Modem, then don't worry. I have successfully set up my laptop as a modem using shared internet connection and I will describe the simple procedure below in case anyone is stuck.
    It works very well too - I can download a 100MB arcade demo in maybe 15 mins. Not too bad considering, Plus I've played Team Fortress 2, Gears of War, and the Lost Planet online demo with seemingly no lag.
    Instructions are assuming you're on Windows Vista.
    Anywa you will need the ethernet cable that came with your 360.
    Now go to control panel, click "Network Sharing and Tasks"
    Click "view Status" and then click "Properties"
    Go to the "sharing" tab and simply check the "allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection" box. click ok.
    Now simply plug the 360 ethernet connection into the pc and into the back of the xbox. You should be able to connect to Xbox Live and claim your 1 month's free Gold membership!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

thanks man
    i know some friends of mine who will find this very helpful

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

bumping this.
    A friend was asking me about it so I dug it up to get the link.

Advertisement