Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballysimon Road trees

Options
  • 15-12-2007 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why one side of the avenue of trees on the Ballysimon/Tipp Road are being cut down?
    They were so lovely. Over 20 must have been cut down

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ramtha

I don't know why they did it but it looks shocking. monsters.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Its a loit more than 20 and theres more to go, Always liked driving through there, they always looked so cool, really big tall ones

Id assume widening of the road and changing it to a 2+1 type road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

heard on the radio they were unsafe and could fall in strong winds, also they have an expert hired to tell them what to replace them with, 2 things, why do it when christmas shopping is on, also could not common sense be used and ditch the expert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

I'm a bit suspicious about this "dangerous trees" excuse for felling this lovely avenue of trees.

Can anyone tell me if any of these trees has fallen onto the Ballysimon road in past years?

I can't remember hearing of any such thing happening.

There are trees hanging over country roads, throughout the county, just waiting to fall in heavy winds and nobody does anything about making a dangerous situation safer.

These Ballysimon road trees are upright and look in no danger of toppling over.

Is there some other agenda at work here??? Is the land fronted by these trees being prepared for some development??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Nice but not a good thing to hit with a car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are cutting them down on both sides of that stretch of road. For safety reasons I have heard. Shame really as they really looked nice especially in the summer when they kind of gave the road an arch look about it.

I think that stretch of road is going to be resurfaced after Christmas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

MonsieurD wrote: »
    I'm a bit suspicious about this "dangerous trees" excuse for felling this lovely avenue of trees.

Can anyone tell me if any of these trees has fallen onto the Ballysimon road in past years?

I can't remember hearing of any such thing happening.

There are trees hanging over country roads, throughout the county, just waiting to fall in heavy winds and nobody does anything about making a dangerous situation safer.

These Ballysimon road trees are upright and look in no danger of toppling over.

Is there some other agenda at work here??? Is the land fronted by these trees being prepared for some development??
    Well with that argument you'd probably be complaining that if one of them did fall and they didn't do anything about it

Anyway I've no idea if this is true but I would like to believe there making a portion of it 2+1 type road

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Where abouts are these trees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

ya and then say it Did happen and some one was killed by a falling tree everyone would be giving out yards why they werent cut down..........

Advertisement