Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Later with Jools..

• 15-12-2007 1:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

..discussion thread maybe?

A place where we can discuss the bands of the week, love the show.

Beirut were incredible I though, the singer had an amazing voice.
    Band of Horses were already liked by myself, I love the distinctive nature of the voice, heavy use of reverb.
    KT Tunstall was very decent.
    Mutya, I'm not a fan but fair play for coming after such a late call.
    I don't like Ronnie Wood at all, I really don't. I just feel he comes across quite arrogant.
    The guy with the Guitar annoyed me, sounded like a carbon copy of Dylan back in the day and I have grown tired of such music although, I'm sure there is a market.

Not sure whether this should stay in TV or go to Music, although, Top Gear is in TV as opposed to motoring so..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Very average show this week, of course I had to miss it the week The Who were on. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I used to like this show but I just can't stand the introductions he gives. Every band is the fantastic! the brilliant! the unbelievable! **** off and let them play Jools. Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Sandor wrote: »
    I used to like this show but I just can't stand the introductions he gives. Every band is the fantastic! the brilliant! the unbelievable! **** off and let them play Jools. Jesus Christ.
    Ha ha, I know what you mean. I find that with Jonathon Ross as well, he completely sucks up to all the guests. (apart from Kerry Ketona whom he was quite nasty to).

I quite enjoyed the show tonight, always impressive to be honest, although, I wish they could somehow get three songs per band in. Two just doesn't seem enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

Timans wrote: »
    Ha ha, I know what you mean. I find that with Jonathon Ross as well, he completely sucks up to all the guests. (apart from Kerry Ketona whom he was quite nasty to).

I missed that as i just caught the end of that interview on her as i was watching it on 2 regions, i was wanting to avoid them from them Stricken Dancing :p
    I quite enjoyed the show tonight, always impressive to be honest, although, I wish they could somehow get three songs per band in. Two just doesn't seem enough.

There was 3 songs from KT Tunstall, & if you remember rightly she was a stand-in for someone last year or so & because of the performance she gave brought her into the spotlight & the rest is history.

I cant stand Ronnie Wood, looks lecherous! but i ended up taping his feckin wittering as my sky+ made a mess of the recording as i pressed the rec again for off, but it was still feckin recording??
    Has anyone had that problem with recording music segments off the telly?

Here's the link to the site with some of the music from the artists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

It hasn't been good in a while, but thats down to the quality of bands.

Band of horses were good I suppose, and Beirut not band. But KT Tunstall shes just Texas all over again.

• Advertisement

Any word to who's on tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

MUSIC: Later... with Jools Holland
    On: BBC 2 Northern Ireland
    Date: Friday 21st December 2007 (starting in 4 hours and 16 minutes)
    Time: 23:55 to 00:55 (1 hour long)

Christmas Special.
    Christmas Special. Jools thinks he has the best job in the world. He regularly gets to play with the finest musicians of the age. He looks back at some of his favourite collaborations: Paul McCartney, Dusty Springfield, The White Stripes, Solomon Burke, Norah Jones, Mary J Blige and many others.
    (Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awww..

I hate Christmas specials. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

^ Digiguide ftw.

The show with The Who was pretty good. Also had Bela Fleck doing amazing things with a banjo that night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Guy on now looks like Gary Oldman in True romance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Eleven-year-old thread... :eek: :eek: :D:D

And I will not have any bad things said about KT Tunstall. Jools can't be thanked enough for launching her into the big time - and nor can Nas for pulling out of that episode at the last minute. :D:D

dc88ecde459f0f94c20fafa9f2b3564d.jpg

Advertisement