Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ggrr!! Cpw

• 15-12-2007 1:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

I've always bought my phones from CPW and never had a problem til I bought an E65 a few weeks ago on upgrade - microphone went on it and keeps restarting - brought it into the store and they said if it's within 28 days of purchase they'd replace it - guess what - 29 f**kin days! Now I have to wait to get the bloody thing repaired. They won't budge on it. I'm well pissed off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i suppose its the crap phone warehouse for a reason. you will probably end up getting a new one anyway. because a phone is cheaper to nokia than what it would cost them to employ a person for an hour to actually go about fixing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

towel401 wrote: »
    i suppose its the crap phone warehouse for a reason. you will probably end up getting a new one anyway. because a phone is cheaper to nokia than what it would cost them to employ a person for an hour to actually go about fixing it

Take a look here: www.mprc.ie. It stands for the mobile phone repair company. Repairing phones is their only job

OP, from what you said it seems like the problem was apparent as soon as you got it and you waited 29 days to do something about it. That's not their problem. Why would a staff member get himself in trouble by doing something he's not allowed to do for a person that just wasn't bothered following the policy, hoping an exception would be made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Most of the staff would probably sympathise with your predicament but if you were told 28 days then what else can you expect. Most would probably like to help in your case but its not worth it to put their necks on the line for you. Head offices in all these companies set the policy in conjunction with the phone suppliers who determain the RMA period, not the guys on the floor. My past employers were strict enough with that kind of thing as are my current ones.

Advertisement