Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to clean your coat?

• 15-12-2007 3:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭

hey boys and girls:)

like the title said,how do you clean your coat?i mean i have a pea coat for this winter(made of wool i guess),bought from topman months ago,which constantly stick with dust or fibers now...it looked fine in evening/dim light ,but i really don t like the look of it while i get home under normal light,looked so dirty:o

i cant help to keep finding a way to clean it up but have no idea at all!there is some sort of comb out there can clean it?any opinion would be appreciated:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

seraphimvc wrote: »
    hey boys and girls:)

like the title said,how do you clean your coat?i mean i have a pea coat for this winter(made of wool i guess),bought from topman months ago,which constantly stick with dust or fibers now...it looked fine in evening/dim light ,but i really don t like the look of it while i get home under normal light,looked so dirty:o

i cant help to keep finding a way to clean it up but have no idea at all!there is some sort of comb out there can clean it?any opinion would be appreciated:D

I have this roller thing that removes dust and fibers etc. Its about the size of a hairbrush and is covered with sticky paper, you roll it over your clothes and all the stuff sticks to it. When you want to use it again you just rip off the used paper and theres a new sticky layer underneath. I got mine in H&M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

imred wrote: »
    I have this roller thing that removes dust and fibers etc. Its about the size of a hairbrush and is covered with sticky paper, you roll it over your clothes and all the stuff sticks to it. When you want to use it again you just rip off the used paper and theres a new sticky layer underneath. I got mine in H&M.

thanks alot mate:Dwill tell my sister to look for it in H&M maybe:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

You can get a few different things to help with this, if you're stuck sellotape will do the trick, stray fibres just lift off. You can also get a clothes brush, basically they come in either a hairbrush style or a style that looks like a shoebrush, they have what looks like red velvet material on them, which is arranged so that when you rub it down your coat, fibres stick to the brush as the material is angled to catch stray hairs. Places like Heatons or homeware depts should stock them (they're often used on furniture too to clear fibres).

another option is to visit a pet shop, they do rubber brick type things that are designed to get pet hair off furniture or clothes, these are fantastic, just rub them along the coat and the hair sticks to them and you just clear it off the brick then, costs about a fiver. Trust me, they do work, I have a white cat and a white dog and lots of black clothes and a dark suite of furniture that just seems to be a magnet for stray pethairs, and these things do the trick nicely.

Oh and if you're caught on the go with fibres etc on your coat, wet your hands slightly, and brush the coat with them, as the fibres will stick to your damp palms and you can wash them off. Handy if you're out and notice hairs on your coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

echosound wrote: »

another option is to visit a pet shop, they do rubber brick type things that are designed to get pet hair off furniture or clothes, these are fantastic, just rub them along the coat and the hair sticks to them and you just clear it off the brick then, costs about a fiver. Trust me, they do work, I have a white cat and a white dog and lots of black clothes and a dark suite of furniture that just seems to be a magnet for stray pethairs, and these things do the trick nicely.

Genius! :D

Advertisement