Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian Injustice WARNING!!

Options
  • 15-12-2007 6:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

IMportant notice to all veggies -
    The Lemongrass chain of restaurants have a number of dishes on their menu that contain meat , but can also be done in 'Vegetarian' style.
    The most common definition of vegetarian, I'm sure you agree, is a person who does not eat meat or fish, but does eat milk and eggs.
    However, these dishes they claim are vegetarian friendly contain fish and oyster sauce.
    An example is Sizzling Noodles, Nasi Goreng, Singapore Noodles..
    It is clearly stated on the menu that a purely vegetarian option is available, which of course, I have discovered is not the case.
    To be honest, i do not think it is fair to be fooling the customers like this,

I talked to the manager, was promised things would change but there has been no move made on the matter.
    I make it a point of telling the diners, and a lot are outraged at this injustice.
    ONe expects to be informed truthfully of a meals ingredients in any establishment, especially one such as The Lemongrass that portrays itself as a healthier, better choice restaurant.

Quite aside from the ethical matters, if someone who was allergic to seafood ordered the above dishes, it could result in a medical emergency.
    Nobody seems to care.
    ANd they still continue to print new menus containing these falsities.
    God it makes me angry

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well then just have a steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lillykay

oh ha ha arent you hilarious :mad::D:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well alright, since you're being nice

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=572

try posting it here, in the vegetarian/vegan forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Would love a fillet right now.cooked medium to rare with a side of garlic baby spuds.Delish.moo.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lillykay

thanks, mordeth i did that:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

vegetarians are eating the rainforests. they're doing it now the bastards.

leave lemongrass alone.

eat some meat, your parents don't hate you. and deep down you don't hate them either

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Plants and vegetables are people, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Soylent Green is people !

Guinness is not veggie either. Just FYI like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I was a vegetarian for 7 odd years until someone bought me a 'Beef Master BBQ' as a Christmas present. After a few futile attempts trying to cook those ridiculous soy sausages separately from the rest of the slabs of dead animal carcases my good Aussie mates were heaping on my shiny BBQ I just gave up and wolfed down the meat like it was going out of fashion.

Not only was I the butt of many a joke from these beer swilling larrikins but it made me question the actual ethics behind vegetarianism until I arrived at the conclusion that killing is only wrong because thinking makes it so. In the natural world animals eat each other all the time and don't lose sleep over it.

The question I pose is this. If you are infested with parasites that are literally using you a food source would you kill them? Lets say that you are infested with intestinal worms or headlice or some other nasty critter .. would you have an issue with killing them or would you hold back because it was morally reprehensible and let them feed off you instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

This is starting to look like an After Hours thread already...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Ah, I see. It already was in AH. I was wondering why all the usual AH gobsh1tes were posting here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

Can I just say that this is a vegan/vegetarian thread and forum?
    Why post here with idiotic replies such as "Just eat a steak".
    You're very funny. We all get the joke. We really do. I for one think you're swell. It must make you proud that you can go on a vegetarian forum and wind us up. I'd say it makes you feel a big person?
    Do you also go into churches on a Sunday and tell them that God doesn't exist? Or, even better, go into a nursery school and tell them Santa isn't real?

If you want to have an intelligent discussion about the pros and cons of vegetarianism, fair enough. Start a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

Santa isn't real.
    Meat tastes good.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

You Suck! wrote: »
    Santa isn't real.
    Meat tastes good.

Funny. Very very funny.

Look, I'm not out to bash meat eaters but when someone comes on to a vegetarian forum for the sole purpose of winding us up, that's out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

Heheh, er, all the heckles were given while the post was in AH.....in fact I didn't even know that the thread had been moved when I posted that.

I'll bid you adieu and leave you to your lettuce :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭armada104

dSTAR wrote: »
    The question I pose is this. If you are infested with parasites that are literally using you a food source would you kill them? Lets say that you are infested with intestinal worms or headlice or some other nasty critter .. would you have an issue with killing them or would you hold back because it was morally reprehensible and let them feed off you instead?
    Yes, of course I would! Kill the bastards! They're trying to eat me. The cows aren't trying to eat me.
    dSTAR wrote:
    I arrived at the conclusion that killing is only wrong because thinking makes it so. In the natural world animals eat each other all the time and don't lose sleep over it.

But you're better than them!

I don't know how you can dismiss what you previously believed as "thinking too much". What makes you different from all the other predatory species in the world is that you are at a level of evolution where you can think about the morality of eating animals and you can empathise with other species (the very fact that we keep pets is testament to this). You also belong to a species that has advanced scientifically enough for you to know that you don't need meat to survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

dSTAR wrote: »
    I was a vegetarian for 7 odd years until someone bought me a 'Beef Master BBQ' as a Christmas present. After a few futile attempts trying to cook those ridiculous soy sausages separately from the rest of the slabs of dead animal carcases my good Aussie mates were heaping on my shiny BBQ I just gave up and wolfed down the meat like it was going out of fashion.

Not only was I the butt of many a joke from these beer swilling larrikins but it made me question the actual ethics behind vegetarianism until I arrived at the conclusion that killing is only wrong because thinking makes it so. In the natural world animals eat each other all the time and don't lose sleep over it.

You're making a very silly assumption.

Not everyone who is vegetarian is so because of ethics.

Lilly, thanks very much for that information. Definitely won't be eating there.

You know, it would be worth protesting outside such establishments to bring awareness to their lying.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I am locking this...travesty. Post in the other thread she made if you wish to comment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement