Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TF1 pixellation question

• 15-12-2007 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

I've just subscribed to the BIS package for the French terrestrials on Hotbird. I have an 80cm motorised dish and this is currently pointing to 13E.

I'm using a Power Cam Pro for the BIS card and while I can pick up the ABSat channels like AB Moteurs and RTL9 ok, the French terrestrials are frequently pixellated even though I'm showing a signal strength of 91% and signal quality of 86% on their transponders.

Other channels on Hotbird like the RAIs and the German channels and others are absolutely fine, so I'm stumped as to why I'm getting such bad reception, especially since I particularly wanted to watch the French terrestrials. It's been suggested elsewhere that my cordless phone could be causing the problem but I've never had that problem before.

Could the CAM be causing the problem? It appears to decode other Viaccess channels like AB1 and RTL9 without any problems.

The frequency of the AB Sat TF1 transponder is 11681 H with a SR of 27500 and an FEC of 3/4.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

i have problems with the hotbird TF1 transponder as well. Ive narrowed it down to my cordless phone interfering with that freq. Ive moved cordless phone base station and now all is well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

What's really weird about this problem is that other channels on the same transponder seem OK.

I've switched off both my wifi server and the cordless phone but the problems persist, on TF1 and France 2,3,4,5 only. Everything else on the same transponders is fine.

Adds: I'm watching France O at the moment which is on the same transponder as TF1 and that's fine. Switching to TF1 now - a badly pixellated picture on occasion, so I wonder if the problems not at my end?

I've ruled the CAM out as a source of the problem, I placed the BIS card into one of my card slots that are usually occupied by another card (my receiver is a Dreambox) and used one of the CAM emulators. The card decoded fine but the pixellation is still there on the French terrestrials.

Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?? :confused:

Advertisement