Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad Sad News

• 15-12-2007 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

I've just been down to the cash and carry to stock up on some sweeties before Christmas. According to the nice cash and carry man Barett's Milk teeth are now discontinued. You know the ones, they're harder than noraml gums and look kinf of floury sometimes. In my day there were 2p and you can still get them in pick and mix some places. Anyway, they are no more. If you see any around stock up because the sock will run out soon.

I'm going to have a good look around t'internet now to see if an websites have stock left. Any sites I've found them on says they're out of stock. Here's a link to what they look like

http://www.handycandy.co.uk/milk-teeth-p-339.html

So sad, a part of my childhood gone! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

that is sad news. They were my favourite type of gummy teeth!!

booo hiss anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

damn, they were the best ones

I stopped in to a shop on the way back from portlaoise once and picked up 5 random brown bags of sweets. every one of them had about ten of those teeth in them... ****ing awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,398 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

TBH, I never knew they were still around. Which is a pity, cos the last few years have been spent having these crappy imitations. Would this have as much support as Wispa?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I thought they were horrible anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

funkyflea wrote: »

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

funkyflea wrote: »

Same here, I never really liked them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

That's extremely sad.

My brother usually gets a box in Musgraves.. he's going again on Thursday so hopefully they'll have a few left so we can stock up!

flogen wrote: »
    That's extremely sad.

My brother usually gets a box in Musgraves.. he's going again on Thursday so hopefully they'll have a few left so we can stock up!

If it's the Musgraves in Sallynoggin then no dice. That's where I was looking for them and they told me they were discontinued. If you're going to aa different one hopefully there'll be a few left!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Whats the world coming to? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

does anyone remember "snapper bars"??? my mam used to eat them back in the day! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Crap - they were lovely! One of my favourite childhood sweets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

:eek: i never heard this!! ther is only one filling station round where i live that has them in stock... i was wondering why!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

they were so nice... they've been so hard to get even over the last few years.. i remember working in a shop a few years back and we didnt deal in penny sweets but found 2 boxes of them in the store room so between 3 of us we scoffed the box :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I never understood why people liked them so much, they made me feel ill every time I had them as a kid!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Oh but the fun we had, substituting them for our own teeth. Milk teeth, we'll miss you :(

WindSock wrote: »
    Oh but the fun we had, substituting them for our own teeth. Milk teeth, we'll miss you :(

I know, that was the best thing about them! I'm still sad thinking about their loss! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Now we'll just have to make do with dentures :confused:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

But you can't eat dentures when you're finished playing. This is a sad day indeed!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Oh my dear jesus....
    thats desperate......petition time :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Oh noes!! These were the reason I bought penny sweets! This can't be happening!!

I'd love to open an old school penny sweet shop in Dublin, just sell penny sweets & classic bars etc. You'd make a fortune!

I 2nd a petition!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

I never liked Milk teeth anyway. Cola bottles esp the fizzy ones were always my fave :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Didin't the taste exactly like the coloured rats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

aww i loved them!

anyone remember wopas?... i loved them too...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

Yeah the cola woppas were unreal. Hated those mint ones though. What were they thinking?!

Aw milk teeth were one of my faves :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Wez wrote: »
    Oh noes!! These were the reason I bought penny sweets! This can't be happening!!

I'd love to open an old school penny sweet shop in Dublin, just sell penny sweets & classic bars etc. You'd make a fortune!

I 2nd a petition!

That would be one of the best things ever to happen to Ireland this decade my man:D
    Petition immediately!
    Oh my god im drooling of the thaught:eek::p:p

Advertisement