Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT 8mb Problems-Anyone wanna have an idea and help from losing it with tech support

Options
  • 15-12-2007 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

This is the crack for the past couple of months the new LLU 8mb service here in Swords has been workin great then last week bang the internet disappears and DSL light has been flashing ever since.

So far the two courses of action taken have been a fault logged with BT then Eircom and secondly the router reset and the broadband phone cable removed from the DSL filter and put directly into the wall.

The fault reporting has come back with an all clear from Eircom(the guy on the phone said line clear etc.) and the reseting of the router and bypassing of the DSL filter have also resulted in no connection i.e. the DSL still flashes.

OK and one other thing around the time of the fault the driveway in front of the house was being paved with these imprint type design things during the laying of the hardcore etc. everything was fine and same with the imprint the internet appeared to disappear the day they came back to cut the expansion blocks(whatever they are). Regardless the phone line still works perfectly could this have had any effect do you think???

So any suggestions as its getting mighty close to christmas and BT support aren'y really filling me with confidence basically if it gets any closer to christmas i can kiss goodbye to broadband till 2008.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Did you try another modem and a different phone socket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭gunsofbrixton

yeah i've tried both no joy both modems on both sockets show a flashing DSL light

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I would tend to suspect the driveway, giz your line stats too please ( use search )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

This is the crack for the past couple of months the new LLU 8mb service here in Swords has been workin great then last week bang the internet disappears and DSL light has been flashing ever since.

So far the two courses of action taken have been a fault logged with BT then Eircom and secondly the router reset and the broadband phone cable removed from the DSL filter and put directly into the wall.

The fault reporting has come back with an all clear from Eircom(the guy on the phone said line clear etc.) and the reseting of the router and bypassing of the DSL filter have also resulted in no connection i.e. the DSL still flashes.

OK and one other thing around the time of the fault the driveway in front of the house was being paved with these imprint type design things during the laying of the hardcore etc. everything was fine and same with the imprint the internet appeared to disappear the day they came back to cut the expansion blocks(whatever they are). Regardless the phone line still works perfectly could this have had any effect do you think???

So any suggestions as its getting mighty close to christmas and BT support aren'y really filling me with confidence basically if it gets any closer to christmas i can kiss goodbye to broadband till 2008.

What modem's have you tried? Eircom or BT equipment, i would imagine they will replace the equipment if there was no fault or you could always try updating the router at another address. Just because your phones are working doesnt mean your broadband should as well. Thats a bit like saying the lights in car work but it wont start :rolleyes:

To be honest it sounds like your neighbours have scr**d up you broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Barlow07 wrote: »
    Just because your phones are working doesnt mean your broadband should as well. Thats a bit like saying the lights in car work but it wont start :rolleyes:

To be honest it sounds like your neighbours have scr**d up you broadband.

Care to explain any of what you just said?
    How have his neighbours messed up his broadband???

Anyway ADSL comes in on the phone line... short of two of the wires in his line being cut but the two needed for analogue being fine... how can that be the case?

And again i ask what has it got to do with his neighbours?

And can anyone who knows anything about installing phone lines or building houses actually tell me when the last time they came across a phone line under a driveway? This is just me being curious as it seems a stupid place to put a phone line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

Saruman wrote: »
    Care to explain any of what you just said?
    How have his neighbours messed up his broadband???

I thought he said his neighbours got there driveway paved.
    Saruman wrote: »
    Anyway ADSL comes in on the phone line... short of two of the wires in his line being cut but the two needed for analogue being fine... how can that be the case?

I know how adsl works thanks. The OP seems to not understand why his broadband wont work yet his telephones will? I was just trying to say its not always the case. It sounds as if the fault is outside where his drive was paved or back up at the exchange or with the routers even though he says he has tried more then one.

Advertisement