Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mIRC

Options
  • 15-12-2007 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

I have heard a lot about the use of IRC so decided to check it out...Got it set up and joined a channel. Why is it that no-one seems to talk? I had heard so much about community and people always looking for games / tips yet it seems desolate, even in the quake.ie channel.

At this stage I am afraid to be first to talk in case it's breaking some sort of unwritten rule! :)

🤪

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

They are most likely having cyber. :) Say something to spark off a debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Like, "Hey d00ds, jew havn Cyber?"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

This is why IRC sucks. Hours of idlers joining and parting, so very fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

At this rate I doubt I will be paying to register anyway :) Maybe after I develop uber-3leet skills!!!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Know the channels to be in and there are ALWAYS people talking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Winters wrote: »
    Know the channels to be in and there are ALWAYS people talking.

Any hints? :) Currently using the network of quakenet.org and have tried various channels within searching that (including quake.ie to see whats going on in Irish streams)...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

/join #boards (General chat) and have a look - most IRC channels idle quite a bit - people have better things to do, but to get things started: someone has to break the ice, why not you? Don't seem overly eager though...Everyone hates a n00b.
    Drop me a PM with your quakenet auth if you want voice ('To be able to speak') in #boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

all the cool kids use IRC tbh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Just going to irc for a chat doesnt really work

Most people are just there to organise and get games and pracs going, talk with their team/clanmates..

I mean without it, it would be virtually impossible for my clan to play practice games, arrange matches, solve problems, etc, etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

karoma you rat bastard

you do not inform the masses about the chan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement