Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for new router...

Options
  • 15-12-2007 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've had a Netgear DG824M for years now, but we've been having a problem here when two of the computers are using BitTorrent. The internet connection completely drops for 30 seconds or so, and when it comes back on, it doesn't last for even a minute before dropping again, until one of us closes BitTorrent.

I've been looking for a solution for a while, the only thing I can think of is that it's too many connections for the router to handle.

We need a new router anyway, because it doesn't support "g". I see on this page, that this router has "Heavy internet usage": http://netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/SuperGWirelessRouters/DG834GT.aspx

Just marketing talk I know, but does anyone know what this actually means? Supports more connections?

Is there another router out there anyone can recommend? It needs: at least 802.11g, ADSL modem built in, 4x LAN connections, uPNP. Gigabit LAN would be a bonus, but not necessary.

Advertisement