Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dunnes 3 for 2 "offer"

Options
  • 15-12-2007 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

did some shopping in dunnes today trying to make the most of the 3 for 2 offer plastered on pretty much every item in the shop.
    got to the till to pay and none of the items camed up as 3 for 2.

staff told me that items that were reduced price were not included in the 3 for 2.
    only problem is everything in the shop was 25% off!

so the 25% off is actually 8% on
    (assuming you buy 3 of the same item, you would be saving 33%, not 25%)

just something to watch out for,
    i left my items at the till and will get them during the week wehn i can get 3 for 2 instead of 25% off!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭lizzyd66

The 25% offer excluded gifts on the 3 for 2 promotion so not sure what the story is!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yes. i think the sales person was just not trained... you should have paid full price for these items if excluded.. and got one free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

they all had 3 for 2 stickers on, but came up as "saver deal - 25%" at the till.
    it makes sense that you can only have 1 offer at a time, most shops have the same thing, i just wanted the better offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The 25% off excludes gifts and christmas cards, the ads say stuff is excluded and there's signs that say so. All gifts are on 3 for 2, which is continuing, and food gifts are on half price, wrapping paper and christmas cards also 3 for 2. I work in a Dunnes, yes head office plaster 3 for 2 stickers on stuff that isn't- very very annoying. I hate head office.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Do you not have the right to choose which of the advertised offers they have? Seeing as both are valid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭JohnC.

There must have been some mix-up along the line as they are supposed to be 2 separate offers. 25% off everything in the department except the stickered items in the 3 for 2 offer. That's what the announcements say anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Well it comes up when you scan it through the till..how could you choose?

Anyway, 25% is over, now some of the clothes are half price, and all gifts are half price.

Advertisement