Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting Guys in Dublin

Options
  • 15-12-2007 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

So I'm gay and been out nearly a year now, been in 2 relationships and currently single, i know it's not just me that feels this way but I think it is near impossible to meet someone in dublin that isnt looking for a quick shag at the weekend! God i hate the scene in dublin its seems so small and it only gets smaller the more ya go out on it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

It isn't impossible, but it's tricky. I'm in a somewhat similar situation, I've been in Dublin for nearly a year and I feel my only options are either to head out onto the gay scene or use gaydar *shudder* to meet a guy. If you're sporty, you could check out the gay sports teams (pun intended) of the Dublin Devils (soccer) or Emerald Warriors (rugby), but I don't know of any other organisations for the discerning gay that don't revolve around sex, quite frankly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the theater?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ehhowaya

yeah unfortunately im not at all sporty!! the theatre could be a good option though. ugh just so fed up of the scene at the moment, I know it will pass soon I hope. I suppose I'll just have to keep looking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

ehhowaya wrote: »
    I think it is near impossible to meet someone in dublin that isnt looking for a quick shag at the weekend!

Problem is, it's the same everywhere. Dublin, London, Brighton, San Fran - all over the place.
    ehhowaya wrote: »
    God i hate the scene in dublin its seems so small and it only gets smaller the more ya go out on it!

Relatively speaking Dublin's a tiny city with only a few "full time" gay venues. The same people tend to go to the same places, and before you know it half the people you see on the scene you know/are acquainted with, and the other half are tourists, or up from Ballynamuck for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

You're in Dublin nearly a year and have had 2 relationships already, I think you're doing pretty well for yourself matey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Try to find pubs that have "gay nights", such as the pub opposite the Porterhouse on Parliament Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Sites with active message boards (no offence intended to this one) such as queerid.com and gaire.com can be useful for meeting people in non-sexualised situations (which can of course become sexualised later :)) as they have regular get together of their members. If you engage in the message boards it is easier to get to know the people when you meet after a few months. Unfortunately gaire charges for membership, so queerid is prob your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ehhowaya

cheers, yeah think I might join Queerid. Was pretty put off cos one of my exes lives on it! better think of a screen name he won;t recognise! cheers :D

Advertisement