Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems connecting to Internet - Cork City

Options
  • 15-12-2007 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests ive been having problems all day now connecting to the internet.
    Im with smart telecom on there 8mb package.
    I run my PC, laptop and xbox 360 on a wireless network but since this morning i have not been able to get anything to connect to the internet.
    I have tryed connecting by cable instead of wireless but no luck there either.
    I ran the windows live connection troubleshooter and it states that "your DNS appears unable to resolve IP addresses" and also fails the "key ports" test.

It passes all the other tests-
    IP
    DEFAULT GATEWAY
    IE'S OFFLINE SETTING
    HOSTS FILE
    PROXY SERVER
    WIRELESS

and only fails
    DNS
    KEY REPORTS

Im not going to even pretend i know what any of the above means so i am hoping someone who does might help me get my internet back in action.

Any and all help more than welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

you could try flushing the dns cache.

start > run > type cmd (ok),

in the command prompt window, type

ipconfig /flushdns

and hit enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Thanks for the idea bud. However im afraid it hasnt helped in this case.
    After following your instructions my computer still fails the test.
    For the fun of it i ran a connection test on my xbox 360 as well and with the same results, xbox fails the DNS test also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

have you tried restarting your router and/or modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

yea bud ive been restarting all day with no luck.
    Cant for the life of me get a connection and no smart support untill monday :(

Advertisement