Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From E4 to Cummins Sports?

Options
  • 15-12-2007 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Is the guy doing the Cummins Sports ad on radio these days (only heard it on 96fm, assume its on the rest) the same guy who does the E4 trailers? He sounds the exact same, but if it's him, it's a bit of a comedown, isn't it? If not him, someone's doing a pretty good impression of someone who's not that famous really. Neither explanation makes much sense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

I thought it was the same guy as well but is accent slips in the middle. It's a bit bizarre they're trying to fool us but hey it got us talking about their shop didn't it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

corblimey wrote: »
    (only heard it on 96fm, assume its on the rest)

Some one listens to 96fm...I better sit down..:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

What is E4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

Havent heard the Cummins ad but the e4 voiceover guy you mention is Pete Dixon. He's available to anyone for work so I guess he was hired through 96FM for the ad ! He's actually "impersonating" Patrick Allen the original E4 voice who passed away last year, RIP. Patrick Allen was the voice of everything in Britland in the 60's and featured on Frankie Goes to Hollywood's Two Tribes in the 80's.

Incidentally why do 96FM use US and English voices on their local commercials ?, the odd ad fine, but they've made a joke of the argument that the "foreign" voice will stand out because they use nothing but "foreign" voices. Are they ashamed of Cork accents ? I'm sure someone in Cork could at least pronounce Floooooor Griffin correctly !!!!!

I'll get my anorak........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

But what about " De Flyin' Enterprise, 'tis shtill only a sthones trow from de khatederal , "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,958 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

DamienH wrote: »
    But what about " De Flyin' Enterprise, 'tis shtill only a sthones trow from de khatederal , "

True. One of the most irritating ads of all time... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

What about the ad for a certain jeweller's where the owner waxes lyrical about his fantasic shop for ages... always makes me flick to another station...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

That ad drives me mad!A wealthy jewler telling us all about his lovely shop:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

yeah its very annoying and gloatsome... grrr.... lets rob his shop....

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaCorkGeezer

Oh yeah, well still better than "Crickey, Ha'''vey No''''man, gaw, heppy gawwwwww!!" :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement