Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i get the absolute best out mof my nvidia 7600 gt graphics card?

Options
  • 15-12-2007 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

i know i need an upgrade, but for now thats not going to happen. can someone please tell me how to ge the best out of this card without the tech lingo, what is overclocking? does this apply to my question?

Does the nvidia ntune do anything useful
    thanks!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Best off just throwing that piece fo crap in the bin..... Buy a better card!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

i refer you back to the sub-text of my question!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You can overclock the core and memory of your card using a program like Ati Tool or Rivatuner which will yield some extra performance. The 7600Gt is a fairly old card now but still decent for a lot of games, even some of the newer ones. What is it you're trying to play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

HavoK wrote: »
    You can overclock the core and memory of your card using a program like Ati Tool or Rivatuner which will yield some extra performance. The 7600Gt is a fairly old card now but still decent for a lot of games, even some of the newer ones. What is it you're trying to play?

i got bio shock and call of duty 4. the card does play them at low/medium settings, but looking to have a chance at playing them at high/medium, within the cards capability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Overclocking will push out a few more frames, and smooth out a game that was just about playable at the same settings previously. It might let you change an option or two, but it won't suddenly let you change from low-mid to mid-high settings. Of course, you could always buy better aftermarket cooling for it and overclock it as far as possible but at the end of the day it's a fairly old card and for maybe 15% performance increase I would hardly justify spending more money on it, especially considering you're playing new games.

If you really want to play those games at those settings, buy a new card. No other way around it. This will play those games at high settings with any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Lord Deco

Agree with Havok,if you want to play at medium/higher settings then you will have to get a new video card,the 3850HD is perfect,I have it for 2 weeks now and its brillant.....You could get €50 or so for your video card on ebay/adverts...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭SeanW

Yep, as the old saying goes, "You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear" which is what you'd be trying to do playing new games with that card.

The only advise I can give you if you MUST use that card, is this: borrow a monitor with a smaller native resolution, such as 1024*768 and you can play at that resolution with higher fps/settings. I'm assuming you have a larger LCD monitor at the moment.

I'm using that res to play Stalker and my 6800GS does it nicely.

Advertisement