Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games will you be playing over Xmas?

Options
  • 15-12-2007 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭

What with the few weeks a year I get to actually enjoy a few games uninterrupted approaching rather quickly I thought I'd get a seasonal discussion going. Can't wait to give metroid 3 (Wii) a bash - the gf wouldn't let me buy it over the last month or so. Also Mario Galaxy, played a bit of it the other week and dying to play it. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

Getting FF tactics on the PSP for Christmas, so will be spending most of my time playing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Uncharted, Mass Effect, CoD 4, Halo 3 and hopefully finish off PGR4.

Might revist some games too on the run up to Christmas to keep me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Still haven't finished Bioshock..just started playing it again. I'm on the Arcadia level...is that near the end ?

Once I finish that I'm gonna pick up COD4 or HL Episode 2.

Uncharted, COD4, the orange box.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

The Orange Box, Mario Galaxy, maybe Guitar Hero 3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Barring some unforseen circumstance...
    Mass Effect, Metroid Prime 3, Assassin's Creed.
    Ye lucky dogs with the experiences of Orange Box and Super Mario Galaxy awaiting you! Prepare for happiness!

And also just picked up FF12, and doubt I'll have played through that before the 25th. [controversial] and would you know it, but Im actually very much enjoying it [/controversial]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Not too sure actually... I'll prolly only bring my Wii down home with me, so collecting the rest of the stars in Mario Galaxy and getting around to finishing Metroid Prime (still stuck on the last boss battle)
    Ordered Drake's Fortune for myself, so I'll get stuck into that after Crimbo, and I have Jade Empire to get started on as well (Mass Effect rekindled my love for Bioware games...)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Uncharted, Mario galaxy, Orange Box, COD4, Zelda PH, Medal of Honour Heroes 2, Manhunt 2, probably a lot of picross and sudoku on the DS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

CoD 4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

PC: Orange Box, Settlers IV & S.T.A.L.K.E.R (all on my new rig!) :D

PSP: Monster Hunter Freedom 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Call of Duty 4
    Call of Juarez (DX10)
    Blacksite: Area 51

and if I finish them, GRAW I and II, been putting them off for ages, and World in Conflict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

CoD4 and Mass effect cannot wait:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Tusky wrote: »
    Still haven't finished Bioshock..just started playing it again. I'm on the Arcadia level...is that near the end ?

Once I finish that I'm gonna pick up COD4 or HL Episode 2.

Ah you've got a good bit to go. You're about a third or half the way through.

Hopefully I'll be playing Blacksite and Unreal Tournament 3. I'm currently playing STALKER, so that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

rock band hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Hopefully, Mass Effect, COD4 and finishing BioShock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I'll be finishing off Mario Galaxy and getting started on Uncharted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hoping to get back into Metroid Prime 3. Also want to finish a few RPG's that are waiting around half finished such as Blue Dragon and Odin Sphere and I'm crawling through FF3 on the DS at the moment. Really want to get back into Jeanne D'Arc but with my new R4 I just couldn't be arsed charging up the PSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Halo 3, Forza 2 and Pro Evo 2008 :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Guitar Hero
    Call of Duty 4
    Crysis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Jeez, many Orange Boxes shall be sold over the next few weeks. Hope you all enjoy portal, I thought it looked fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Guitar Hero 3
    Madden 08
    COD4
    UT3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

The Witcher.
    Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, which is pretty *bleeping* hard.
    Stalker, if i can sort out a bug problem

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

PC - COD4 multiplayer,TF2,Gears of War,PES2008 some WOW here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There will be a few Scene It sessions on the 360 with my family.

I'll be going back to Bioshock to finish it off.
    I got Tomb Raider Anniversary on the cheap yesterday too, so thats another one.
    I think that'll do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Same as always, Cod4 + Guitar Hero 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Race 07, World in Conflict, Gears of War, Orange Box, Company of Heroes, Medieval Total War to name a few :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hour Glass, and probably some Guitar Hero 2/3 and PES.

The second Zelda Christmas in a row, Nintendo are spoiling me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Spunge wrote: »
    The Witcher.

Oh yeah, I've still got that to go back to... I might wait until the 1.2 patch comes out though, as apparently that will improve the loading and saving times. (loading times aren't too bad for me, but save times really started to piss me off given how frequently I quicksave)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Finish Assassin's Creed, Bioshock and Halo 3.
    Then try and start Mass Effect and give PGR4 a proper go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i'll be playing cod4 multiplayer mostly and plan on getting back into bioshock . after that it will be pgr4, mario galaxy , orange box and some halo 3.

Advertisement