Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games will you be playing over Xmas?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Whatever games I get with my xbox :D

Probably Cod4, Forza 2 and that pinata game. Might buy Assassins Creed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Spunge wrote: »
    Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, which is pretty *bleeping* hard.

And brilliant. Does all the things that Bioshock was being lauded for and in many cases, does them better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Xbox 360:

COD4
    PGR4
    Assassins Creed
    Probably a few more too :D

PC:

CS:S

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Damn!!

PC - COD4 multiplayer, Crysis,Team Fortress2 and maybe a bit of emperor:battle for dune on the lappy in the in-laws house:)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Finishing off Zelda DS and Metroid 3. Also hoping to play Dreamfall the longest journey on the PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Crysis and either Skate, COD4 or Mass Effect (Depends on what Santa brings :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Leaving my 360 behind for chrimbo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I have a few games still to finish that I started before college exam period set in;
    Mario Galaxy
    Metroid Prime 3
    Bioshock PC
    Orange Box PC (though I can't actually find it, it's somewhere in my apartment)
    I might also try and pick up a copy of the Witcher too, but only if I get through everything else on this list

I also recently got a PS2 for the first time so I've been getting a few RPG's and others from ebay;
    Final Fantasy 10
    Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
    Dragon Quest VIII
    Kingdom Hearts 2
    Valkyrie Profile 2

Also have a DS, so will probably be looking at
    Final Fantasy 12: Revenant Wings
    Advance Wars (never got around to it till now)

I have 4 and a half weeks or so before going back to college, so I'll try to shoehorn in as much as possible, then finish the rest off when college starts again and I'm waiting for Smash Bors/Mario Kart/Okami Wii/No More Heroes/whatever comes out on the PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 K.MALONE

Can anyone recommend a really good first person shooter game for the Nintendo WII? I bought the gun the weekend and am looking for a Time Crisis type of game.......I just feel like blowing the bejayzus out of the telly this Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

K.MALONE wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a really good first person shooter game for the Nintendo WII? I bought the gun the weekend and am looking for a Time Crisis type of game.......I just feel like blowing the bejayzus out of the telly this Xmas.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles sounds perfect for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Forza 2 - im addicted to that game :D
    Guitar Hero 3, this may be my new addiction if its as good as 2.
    Might stick on the wii and play some zelda - looks crap on the hdtv tho :(
    and a few rounds of scene it on the 360 with the family

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'm gonna be playing (all on PC):

-COD4 (getting it as a prezzie)
    -Battle for Middle Earth 2: The Witch King of Angmar (just finishing this now)
    -Company of Heroes (once the above is finished, have had it since summer but no time to start)
    -Team Fortress 2 (really enjoying this)

Hopefully will finally finish some other games languishing about...Painkiller, Oblivion (almost finished it last year, stopped when I moved to Australia and can't bring myself to load it up since returning), C&C:TW and Deus Ex. A few months ago I finally played PoP:Sands of Time for the 1st time, loved it, played and finished PoP:The Two Thrones immediately afterwards, installed PoP:Warrior Within but really hated the 1st level...should I bother playing it through?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Damn!!

@ionapaul -- a question.
    Is the Witch King worth getting? how long did you get out of it.? i'm looking for something strategy-ey.. to play on the laptop while away for xmas, and was looking at this..

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

On 360

PES 2008 - Still love the gameplay even with the niggles.
    Forza 2 - Sheer Quality of driving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

hey most likely

ps2: mercenaries , kiado racer 2 , GTA SA , NFS pro street

ps3: collin mac rae dirt , NFS Pro Street , COD4

pc : CSS , CSS , CSS :)

i need more pc games but either ive beaten it or its not even worth wasting my time getting it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'll be playing the following:

grandia
    company of heros
    sudden strike 3
    call of duty
    fifa 08
    blade dancer

hmmm

suikoden 1 and 2
    Supreme commander forged alliance

hmm think i'll hold off playing wild arms,legend of kartia, and saga frontier 2, vandal heart till after xmas =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

alot of warhawk,oblivion goty edition and orange box

Whoohoo, haven't posted in a while, good to be back :)

Probably be playing Mario Galaxy over Xmas, but also have Resi Evil : Umbrella Chronicles to be finishing (actually really like the game) and I'm in the middle of Phoenix Wright: Justice For All (great feckin' game on the DS).

Would love to get stuck into the Sam & Max series but haven't the time to commit to that just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Xmas 2007 hmmm?

Modern
    1. Oblivion - restart my aborted attempt from summer 2006
    2. World of Warcraft (bought it anyway)

Retro
    1. Zork III (eh? he says.. :) )
    2. Jumpman
    3. Demoscene demos

• Registered Users Posts: 43,909 ✭✭✭✭Basq

2 main ones i'll be playing for the 360 this Christmas:

'Scene It? Lights Camera Action' - movie trivia + buzzers + beer = good time had by all!
    'Guitar Hero 3' - now to sit down and master that orange button.. and the blue button now that you mention it! :D

Will be looking for some games in the sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Mass Effect - put away specially :)

My daughter is getting a DS Lite, Santa is getting her an R4 card as a special bonus, of course Dad will have to show her the ropes :)

And I will be upgrading that Dell Poweredge server I got recently (thank you again Bargain Alerts), might even re-install BF2 and have a go at Forgotten Hope 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Guitar hero 3 - PC
    Cod 4 -PC
    Team fortress 2 ( waiting on those new achievements ) - PC!
    Stalker too

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

im getting

guitar hero 3
    mass effect
    assassins creed
    cod4

dell laptop

im going to be a very busy bee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

finally got my hands on some disposable cash - which is really hard to come by these days - and today i bought some games.

i felt i was neglecting my consoles a bit so i bought:

Assassin's Creed PS3. It got mixed responses from many reviewers and people but i'm fecking loving it, maybe it's so long since i played a console game but the visuals are stunning and the sheer size of the levels is uncanny.

Super Mario Galaxy Wii. I'm keeping this one to saviour, i think it's a game i'd like to play when not playing anything else.

Unreal tournament 3 Pc. it's an fps so rule of my thumb if it's fps it's a pc buy.

COD4 Pc. again fps so pc buy.

of course this is on top of the regulars

cs 1.6
    tf2
    tf:forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

UT3, Crysis, COD 4, and Gears of War on PC :)

gears of war is another one for my to get list.

since i don't fancy buying a 360 to play one game i shall be getting the pc version i presume it looks a little nicer too?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'll also be playing eternal sonata,blue dragon,fifa 08 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

SupCom: Forgered Alliance - PC
    Guitar Hero 3 - 360
    Mass Effect - 360
    Assasins Creed - 360
    Ace Combat 6 - 360 (A LOT of online play to be had, which is ****ing awesome)

and some CS:S for good measure.
    Cremo wrote: »
    gears of war is another one for my to get list.

since i don't fancy buying a 360 to play one game i shall be getting the pc version i presume it looks a little nicer too?

Looks about the same really, has a lot of extra content i think is the main draw to the pc version, and free online play I assume.

robby^5 wrote: »
    Looks about the same really, has a lot of extra content i think is the main draw to the pc version, and free online play I assume.
    oh yeh another reason why i steered clear of the xbox360, you pay to be able to host a game, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Well seeing as I have prior knowledge of my Christmas presents: Call of Duty 4, The Orange Box, Mass Effect and Super Mario Galaxy.

Also I'll finally get a chance to play Metroid Prime 3.

Advertisement